I'm BAAAACK!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbo

Beer is good
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So We are in the new house, (only took them 10 friggin months to build it) I almost have all my stuff unpacked and a 4 day weekend coming so I Drove the hour and 20 min to the nearest LHBS. Much to long a drive regularly, but still cheaper than shipping, So I bought in bulk (5 - 50# bags) all the stuff I'll need for my next ten or so batches. Amazing how much you save on the grains when you buy the big bags.. But that meant I had to buy a mill, so I got a Malt Mill, and SWMBO is letting me rent space in her fridge until I have reason to plug mine in.

Did I mention before that when we sold the old house they didn't want the fridge (Whirlpool Conquest side by side) So all I had to do was buy SWMBO a new bottom drawer freezer French door fridge (The one she wanted) and I not only got the side by side as a lagering fridge but she was cool with letting me set them up in the garage so I don't have to go down to the basement to refill my beer (I suspect this was actually her way of telling me I am not building a bar in the basement)

Anyway I have two batches planned for next weekend, I am so excited in six weeks no more store bought beer! :ban:

Welcome back! I've been wondering how everything was going. Glad to hear you're going to start brewing again, and in your new house. Now, how about some pictures???????

I was wondering what happened to you... The last I remember you cut up your hand on a glass carboy. Did you buy a better bottle as a replacement?

Yah - Show us some pics!!

Whatcha gonna make?

:mug:

I'll post pics when I get back from San Antonio (business trip mon-wed)

My Area assigned in the unfinished part of the basement is still mostly boxes, Soon as it is set up I'll post pics. Not really concerned about the bar since I do have the "Man Cave" I had the place wired for surround sound and video Next friday the DISH guy is coming to fix what his idiot tech screwed up. They didn't like the $600 estimate from the company that originally wired the house (dual video, digital phone and CAT 5, in every room and 5.1 surround wired in the walls of the man cave..which is why pushing a bar in the basement would be bad SWMBO let me spend $7500 having the house wired during construction and an HD mounted on the wall)

Back