Bulk malt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curtisj

Reaction score
Anyone know anywhere that sells malt by the bulk BY THE BULK.

If anyone knows any canadian companies that would sell like
50 bags (50lb) of malt for a decent price let me know

You could probably talk a friendly brewery into letting you have some full bags at a good price too.

You could try Canada Malting. 50 bags @50lbs is a large enough amout that they might sell to you. I don't think they usually sell directly to the public, but when you are looking to buy 2500lbs they might make an exception.

canadamalting.com/

You could try Canada Malting. 50 bags @50lbs is a large enough amout that they might sell to you. I don't think they usually sell directly to the public, but when you are looking to buy 2500lbs they might make an exception.

canadamalting.com/

Canada Malting will sell you 55 lbs bag of malt no problem. They do deal with induviduals, you just need to set up account with them. I'm lucky enough their distribution warehouse is 40 min drive from my house. I just picked up 3 bags of malt from them (1 Pilsner, 2 Superior Pale Ale) for $75
2012-01-21125457.jpg

Canada Malting will sell you 55 lbs bag of malt no problem. They do deal with induviduals, you just need to set up account with them. I'm lucky enough their distribution warehouse is 40 min drive from my house. I just picked up 3 bags of malt from them (1 Pilsner, 2 Superior Pale Ale) for $75
2012-01-21125457.jpg

I just contacted Canada malting about buying from them (I live 10 minutes from their warehouse in Vancouver) and they told me "We do not sell to homebrewers. You will need to work with your local homebrew shop."

I am wondering how you went about setting up an account with Canada Malting as my LHBS sells their base malts for well over twice the price you payed for yours. If you have any ideas paraordance, I would love to hear them as I would love to be able to buy from CM directly!

Contact Country Malt Group at 888-368-5571 I was told that they will sell to individuals from the Champlain, NY warehouse but haven't verified it as yet. They carry Briess, Great Western, Canada Malting, Gambrinus, Best Malz and a few others

I just contacted Canada malting about buying from them (I live 10 minutes from their warehouse in Vancouver) and they told me "We do not sell to homebrewers. You will need to work with your local homebrew shop."

I am wondering how you went about setting up an account with Canada Malting as my LHBS sells their base malts for well over twice the price you payed for yours. If you have any ideas paraordance, I would love to hear them as I would love to be able to buy from CM directly!

You correct, they stopped selling to induviduals and will not set up accounts unless you LHBS or brewery.

Back