Starting a Brew Sculpture Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HellBentBrewCo

Reaction score
I'm just about to start building a single tier stand, 3 keggles and I have a couple decisions to make. First, the mash tun. I'm really thinking about inverting a keggle in order to use it as a bottom draining pot. Should I be worried about this mash tun losing heat over a 60 or 90 minute mash? Also, I want to run the propane through one of the 1.5" square metal tubes. Do I need to do anything special to make this happen other than seal up a tube and add the fittings? I'mgoing to use banjo burners if that matters.

I'm just about to start building a single tier stand, 3 keggles and I have a couple decisions to make. First, the mash tun. I'm really thinking about inverting a keggle in order to use it as a bottom draining pot. Should I be worried about this mash tun losing heat over a 60 or 90 minute mash? Also, I want to run the propane through one of the 1.5" square metal tubes. Do I need to do anything special to make this happen other than seal up a tube and add the fittings? I'm going to use banjo burners if that matters.

my setup is herms. So I don't worry about the heat loss, but you could always give it a nice shiny coat.

About the gas in the 1.5" tube. Do you mean you will close the box and weld gas connectors for your needs. Effectively using the 1.5 as gas pipe?

Anyone else do this? not sure about the safety of it... I'm curious now :confused:

Back