Best podcast out there

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donthoseme

Reaction score
Ok i've downloaded a bunch of podcasts and i was pretty dissapointed by some of them. Some were just back and forth banter and poorly produced. I got some information but i was wondering what the best podcasts out there for moderate to advanced brewers. Thanks for the help.

It's a matter of perspective, a lot of people love the brewing network and their inane chatter...me personally, I'm to old for it...The shows on there, despite having Jamil on it, drive me nuts...But it's different strokes for different brewers I guess.

My two favorites are

Basicbrewing

ANd the oldest Brewing podcast (out of Australia, it started as radio over a decade ago, and the hosts have 60 years of brewing combined..) Craftbrewer Radio

Basic Brewing is a tight, single topic show...very slickly done (the host is a proffessional voice announcer with his own production company)

The Austrailian one is Chatty, and they cover a lot of stuff in a show, BUT they talk about and do some pretty amazing techniques. AND after spening Christmas break listenning to everything of theirs in all their archives (some are on a different website and go back to the radio show days) It turns out that when they first went online some guy in America named John Palmer used to listen all the time and email asking them questions....a few years later they realize that the John Palmer learning from them, was THEE John Palmer of How to Brew fame...

I started out with the Basic Brewing with James Spencer. The podcasts are really good with lots of information.

However, the last few months I've been listening to The Brewing Network podcasts. There are a few different podcasts. The Sunday Session is usually pretty informative if they are concentrating on specific topics, less so if they are just interviewing a brewery, but still good. Jamil and Palmer have Brew Strong, which just started recently and they have a few shows that are pretty in depth. There is also the Jamil show which covers brewing styles and has started doing clones of commercial beers.

My brewing has improved immensely since I started listening to podcasts.

Back