NHC 2013 Photo Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnOldUR

fer-men-TAY-shuhn
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Some shots from Club Night. Jamil made at least four trips back to our table for a Mosaic SMaSH brewed by member Adam Juncosa. Jamil said it was his go-to beer of the night. Needless to say, Adam had a smile on his face for the rest of the conference (or was that because of the massive amount of beer consumed?) Fun times for The ANNiHiLATED!
:mug:

NHC_2013-07.jpg

NHC_2013-09.jpg

NHC_2013-17.jpg

NHC_2013-16.jpg

NHC_2013-19.jpg

My camera died on Thursday, so I got ONE picture of me with some HBT friends (none at all with AnOldUR or his wife :mad:):
DSCN1331.jpg

Some photos before the final round judging, where there were nearly 200 BJCP judges:
DSCN1269.jpg

DSCN1271.jpg

Here's one for you from Pro Brewers Night.

Haha- I don't even remember that! I was totally "shined up" by then, I think, because I only remember Charlie P accidentally hitting me in the head with his elbow, and not much after that. I think you were behind me when that happened. :drunk:'

But thanks for the picture- I know that there are more floating around that Soper took with a bunch of us and Palmer, but I haven't seen them. This way I have some photos to show Bob!

Concussed? RDWHAHB . . .

;)

Oh, trust me, it was not concussed. It was a light tap at best, but I really have little memory of much beyond as it's all a blur of beer and laughing and talking. I really don't remember posing with Jamil at all. :drunk:

I have this photo on my cell:
Monks_cafe.jpg
That was after a couple of pints of Pliny.

Oh, trust me, it was not concussed. It was a light tap at best, but I really have little memory of much beyond as it's all a blur of beer and laughing and talking. I really don't remember posing with Jamil at all. :drunk:

I have this photo on my cell:
View attachment 132422
That was after a couple of pints of Pliny.

Any HBTers in that group?

My club (Barley Legal Homebrewers) winning the Golden Urinal and Jamil drinking from it. Very proud night for the club!

image-1447951759.jpg

image-3625638016.jpg

Hopefully there will be more, better pics forthcoming, but this is a handful of the First State Brewers setting up for club night. Hell of a night.

fsb.nhc.cn.2013.jpg

Here's a pic of my brew-club, we had some pretty ladies for ring-girls, they were a big hit with the crowd.

Dirty hipsters....

Just kidding, you guys are a great club. Still hoping to do a collab brew with you guys. If I didn't work Friday nights at the LHBS I'd come out to your meetings.

Any HBTers in that group?

Yeah, actually. That's pretty much who I hung out with all the time, with the addition of Saccharomyces and Soper.

That one guy is a random guy we met at Monk's. He was waiting for a two-seat table (he was alone) and was told there was a 30 minute wait. We walked in, the 5 of us, and got seated immediately. So of course he came with us. He's the bald guy. Otherwise, left to right: Claphamsa, random guy named Alex, Sweetcell, pjj2ba, me, Stonebrewer.

This one was one of my favorites. Best homebrew club name ever!

One of the best beers I had during club night came from these guys (I think). They called it Trapplejax. Some sort of apple-brandy-barrel aged beer. Freaking fantastic!

One of the best beers I had during club night came from these guys (I think). They called it Trapplejax. Some sort of apple-brandy-barrel aged beer. Freaking fantastic!
No, No, No!

That came from The ANNiHiLATED.

:mug:

edit:

We were serving three versions of the Barrel Brew.
Straight up, Cinnamon (Jax) and Brett.

Glad you enjoyed it!

A few pics... ...First the can that exploded, mine made it all the way home before I heard the Boom!

Next is the guy that broke is ankle at Club Night, he smiled the entire time!

A pic at the Lagunitas Hospitality Suite with Jen (Jay from Final Gravity Podcast's Wife) and Tasty, I'm on the far right.

Then a pic with Chris and Jay then myself sporting Kilts on our way to Club Night.

20130630_164920.jpg

20130628_234436.jpg

1000772_10201556525818072_1047256990_n.jpg

1016593_10201556525578066_1629645167_n.jpg

A few pics... ...First the can that exploded, mine made it all the way home before I heard the Boom!

Next is the guy that broke is ankle at Club Night, he smiled the entire time!

A pic at the Lagunitas Hospitality Suite with Jen (Jay from Final Gravity Podcast's Wife) and Tasty, I'm on the far right.

Then a pic with Chris and Jay then myself sporting Kilts on our way to Club Night.

I saw that picture of you and Jen and Tasty on Jay's Facebook page, and I love that photo! :rockin:

Fun stuff, we just happened to walk by Tasty and he said "Where are you guys going? Why don't you come with me to the Lagunita's Suite, there's lots of beer and food there.". So off we went!

I took very few photos. I happen to catch someone taping their cask on club night. Remember kids, always make sure your cask tap is closed before hammering it home!

Also Lehigh Valley homebrewers had the best woodworking I have ever seen.

IMG_1996.jpg

IMG_1999.jpg

Yes, Trapplejax was the bomb! Loved that beer! anyone willing to share a recipe?

I am glad you liked it! That was based on a beer by Tom Eagan in our club.

It was a 60 something gallon batch.

130 Lb of Belgian Pilsner, 3 lbs of Carafoam, and I forget the % of cane sugar.

ECY13 Trappist Ale yeast,

Secondary in a freshly dumped Laird's Apple Brandy Barrel.

One keg was dosed with Penzey's Cinnamon (That was the Trapplejax! one)

I will see if I can find the full details when I get home.

Here's about 8 minutes of edited video from the conference that one of the members of my club put together. The second half is club night. I can't believe how much he shows that I didn't see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back