2012 Mazer Cup International Call for Entries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayneb

Reaction score
2012 Mazer Cup International Home Meadmaker Competition - Call for Entries

The Mazer Cup International 2012 - March 2 & 3, 2012, Boulder, Colorado
The Mazer Cup International is a BJCP & AHA sanctioned mead-only competition open to all home meadmakers.

This year we will continue the tradition of the original Mazer Cup by awarding hand-crafted mazers to the winners of our home competition event. Our distinctive medals for commercial winners have also become a coveted achievement in the commercial mead making industry.

How do I enter?
Click here to enter. Entries are registered ONLINE, saving the hassle of paper tracking, and keeping the fee to a very reasonable $6.00 per entry.

Why should I enter?
• You get to compete against a host of international home meadmakers
• Valuable feedback from experienced judges and professional meadmakers
• Suggestions on how to improve your mead from judges and other meadmakers

When may I enter?
• Enter Now! The Mazer Cup International is currently accepting entries
• The entry deadline is February 17, 2012
NOTE: This is more than a month earlier than last year, so don’t delay!
• The Mazer Cup Home Competition judging will be on Saturday, March 3, 2012

Don't Miss Out!
Visit the Mazer Cup International Website here. Enter and go head-to-head with some of the best meadmakers in the world. This will be a great competition for mead feedback from mead experts, writers and award winning meadmakers.

Add us as a Facebook friend here

or

Follow us on Twitter here

It would be awesome to check out! Can you go if you aren't competing? I'm still way too green to submit anything!

Quick question Wayne...

Shipping sheet says "enclose your entry form?"

I'm assuming that's obsolete with the online process? And that all we send in are 3 bottles per entry with the bottle tags?

Yup. That's a leftover from the "olde days" when you could submit paper entry forms. Just ship your bottles with the paper labels rubber-banded in place.

How many bottles do you have to send , you get four lables I don't want to give up four bottles of a 2 year old mead
can we send in 2 bottles of each???
looked but didnt see anything in the rules
Thanks

From the Rules (links to the official rules are on this page: Mazer Cup Mead Competition - Home Page ): "We still need three 12 oz bottles, If the bottles are under 12 oz send four. If you enter only two bottles there may not be enough mead left for category and the BoS judging rounds. If one of the bottles breaks during shipping there is no guarantee there will be enough for subsequent medal rounds. Three bottles ensures enough mead for medal and BoS if your mead progresses that far. If the bottles are under 10 oz send four." (from paragraphs 2 and 3, near the top of the page)

Last question Wayne. Who should I contact to get an AHA sponsored club listed in the drop down? I was surprisef my club (Arizona Society of Homebrewers) wasn't listed.

Thanks again for posting here. I missed the deadline last year.

Latest posts

Back