Milwaukee Boat Tour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayflap

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have booked myself on the BrewCity Queen II on Saturday June 28th to take a tour of 3 Milwaukee Micros. The breweries include Lakefront, Rock Bottom and Milwaukee Ale House. The price is $26 a person and includes the tour costs and the the ride on the boat. We will be starting at Lakefront Brewery at 12:30. Here is a link to the website with the info.

PM me if you want. I will give you my full name and then they will guarantee that we will be on the same boat.

WEEKEND BREWERY TOURS - Cruise the Milwaukee River, enjoy guided brewery tours and sample beers of three Microbreweries on our 40 passenger captained vessel "The Brew City Queen II" and 30 passenger "Milwaukee Maiden."

• 4 hour tour on Saturdays through September 27, 2008 and Sundays through August 31, 2008
• Groups up to 70 PEOPLE per tour time and location
• Ticket cost is $26/person; all passengers MUST be 21 years or older. NO REFUNDS GIVEN

The Ale House: 233 North Water Street
Lakefront Brewery: 1872 N Commerce St
Rock Bottom: 740 N. Plankinton Ave.

Tour Times:
LAKEFRONT BREWERY - Brewery tour starts at 12:30, boat departs at 1:30 and returns at 4:30
MILWAUKEE ALE HOUSE - Brewery tour starts at 1:00, boat departs at 2:00 and returns at 5:00
ROCK BOTTOM BREWERY - Brewery tour starts at 1:10, boat departs at 2:10 and returns at 5:10

Call 283-9999 for RESERVED TICKETS. PRE-PURCHASED TICKETS ARE REQUIRED. NO REFUNDS.

Choose one brewery as your starting point. Arrive at starting brewery before tour starting time.

2008 BREWERY TOUR SEASON RUNS SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS STARTING MAY 24, 2008. WE RUN SUNDAYS THROUGH AUGUST 31, 2008 AND SATURDAYS THROUGH SEPTEMBER 27, 2008.

Too bad you won't be able to be up here for it. I know Rhoobarb is coming up from Chicago for this. Hoping a few more of the Chicago contingent will be making it also. I booked during Summerfest so out of town folks can tie this in with a Summerfest day and not just drive up, sit on a boat and take brewery tours and go home. This gives another option.

Hopefully more folks can make it.

Cheers,
Jason

I've been dying to do this- but I can't make it on June 28. I'm thinking August 9 is when I could plan to do it. (We're going to a Brewer's game on August 10)

Bernie- if you and Ann want to think about doing it in August, Bob and I would love to.

You guys going- please give us a full report! Last summer I was at the Ale house watching the boats on this tour and decided that I wanted to do it!

Too bad some of you guys cannot make it. Yooper, I figured it would be tough for you to make being out of town. Actually a friend of mine saw this tour on the Beer Nutz program and I decided to organize a trip based on what he saw. For $26 you really cannot go wrong. Hopefully more Milwaukee and Chicago guys will jump in here.

Jason

Back in the late 80's, I had this dream of doing a pub crawl via canoe.
I figured that some of us might drown or we would get some sort of bizzare canoe DWI, so I never went through with it.

Back in the late 80's, I had this dream of doing a pub crawl via canoe.
I figured that some of us might drown or we would get some sort of bizzare canoe DWI, so I never went through with it.

Not to mention that if anyone fell in the Milwaukee River they would have to bathe in Star San to kill all the funk!! :cross:

Just bumping this one. Less than two weeks away.

For you folks wondering who is playing summerfest that night"

John Cougar Mellencamp
Shinedown
Trace Adkins
Dashboard Confessional
Daryl Stuermer
Blondie
Bodeans
Carrie Rodriguez
Old 97's
Willie Porter
James Hunter
Eli "Paperboy" Reed
Burbank Cartel
Rhythm Kings
Roster McCabe

And those are just the ones slated as headliners.

Jason

Well, we are definitely doing this on August 9, at 1 PM starting at the Ale House. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Anybody else planning on doing it then?

Back