How do you set up a wireless router w/o a cd

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
Hey guys I had to buy a new wireless router bc our cheap one was sending our ISP corrupt signals or something I don't know..

Anyway, I bought a used D-Link airplus xtreme g and it came w/o a cd. I can't figure out how to set it up. It's probubly pretty easy but can you guys help me out?

Thanks!

Usually you can just plug in the IP address for the router into your browser and set it up from there. You can probably google the IP address for that particular router and go from there.

You won't need a driver for a router. The address is likely to be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.0. They seem to be the most common. You can set it through any browser.

Blender said:
The address is likely to be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.0

The two most common I've seen are 192.168.1.1 (about 90% of the time) or 10.0.0.2 (about 5%) and any random (valid) IP address making up the rest.

The suggestion to get the manual is probably the best. The first thing I'd do, however, is turn the router on (doesn't have to be connected) and press the "Reset" button with a paper clip or pen, this will make following the manual instructions much easier. :)

Yes - the 192. 168.x.x addresses should work for that unit....

Be sure to reset the unit before trying the browser - always good advice. Website will have everything you need ...

Also - don't forget to get the latest firmware updates, if needed.

Hey hey get the manual...didn't think of that!

Thanks guys, I'll play with it when I get home. Thanks for the advice!

Back