coldest beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StMarcos

Reaction score
in town!

If I can't get my beer cold enough, I'm going to go here.

coldestbeer.jpg

Tecate Tecate the good time party beer!!!
I remember hearing that radio jingle constantly when I was stationed in NoCal '84-'85.

This might be a good thing. They can pour your beer and then you can run to the post office or go grocery shopping and when you get back your beer will be at the perfect serving temperature.

Back in college we'd stick cans of Hamms in the freezer for awhile. Drank 'em slushy so we could gulp it down. Some beers need to be that cold to stomach.

Good beer of course, much better between 45 and 50.

I used to go to a dive bar in Baltimore that had the title of coldest beer... really cold stuff, and a good selection of craft beer, to boot. Some I drank quick, some I let sit and just barely sipped for the first 20 minutes- it does give you an interesting aromatic tick if you let it come up to drinking temp in the glass in front of you. By the time it's "warm enough" to drink, your mouth is watering from the hop scent.
Not necessarily best for all beers, but depending on your styles and patience, it can work out okay.

Too Cold to Hold - no thanks, I prefer to taste my ales please. I'm really not trying to sound like a d|ck, but unless I'm drinking that Guinness outside in the middle of Death Valley in summer, I'll opt for a more aroma and flavor friendly temperature.

Latest posts

Back