First Post and First All Grain Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilikebeer22

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

Just wanted to say hello and that I brewed my first all grain today!!!! It is EdWort's Barvarian Hefe (thanks Ed). Everything went pretty smoothly except that according to ProMash, my efficency was low at around 61%. Then it boiled off a little too much and I only had around 4.5 gal in fermenter when I was done. After checking the SG, I was able to top it off with half a gallon of water and hit the SG dead on at 1.052!!! I have some bugs to work out but I really enjoyed doing the All Grain stuff. I'll report when I keg it once it's fermented out!!!!

Thanks to everybody on this site.....I would have never taken the plunge without all the great info here!!! :mug:

Shawn

Sorry I posted in wrong forum. If a moderator could move it it would be appreciated

+1 congratulations! I'm still brewing extract, but it sounds like you had a very successful brew session (and learning about your kettle and boil off)! Hope it turns out well and is a precursor for even better brews!

Wish I had room for AG equip... Happy brewing!

Back