skeeter pee question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billdini

Reaction score
How would I push % up? Should I use more enegizer and nutrient? How do I tell what levels to maintain on either? If you have any info on how to push % in any wine using ec-1118 I would like to hear from you. I'd like to max the %.

The simple answer is to add more sugar. Yeast energizer or nutrient will simply dry it out faster, not make it drier. The real question, however, is why? This stuff will knock you on your rear, regardless. And it has the potential, if too much stronger, to hide the lemon flavor and just come through as ... alcohol.

Beware of adding all the sugar at once - high gravity brews can get stuck. Think of doing a stepped addition to the additional sugar, if need be.

Also, be aware of what yeast you are using, and the tolerance of said yeast.

1) adequate nutrient (it dont take much)
2) adequate sugar (some three-scale hydrometers have "potential abv" hashmarks as well as SG.. if not, math it out)
3) adequate time. As the yeast approaches its limits, more and more of it is gonna poop out and go dormant.. you may be increasing the ferment time significantly.

Latest posts

Back