keggle story

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAS98M

Reaction score
Whoo,Hoo-wicked cheap keggles-the big beer guy must be lookin' out for me.I stopped at a local beer dist.the other day,asked the guy there about purchasing a empty 1/2 keg-the fella couldn't understand just what for,Well I got into a deep explanation and shed some light on the beer brewing hobby-picked up an older 1/2 keg for $10.00,thought I was king ****, I left the young guy there my work phone number-got a call from him today-said come down an take a peek---got there and whats waiting for me at the front door but a brand spankin' new empty Yuengling 1/2 keg that somebody just returned:D ,dude said he saw that and just had to call me--best part of all....just as before $10.00 !! I was nearly floored. I've got my HLT and brew pot for twenty freekin dollars:rockin: ( I can't believe it). I'm having a stainless nipple tigged in one that the top got cut out of yesterday and a coupler(stainless) welded into the brew pot soon as the top's cut out(thurs.p.m.).Stopped at the local Wal.store tonight-found Igloo coolers on sale-a 50 qt.rectangle blue w/wht.top on clearance for $13.00,Thank You o great beer god, I can't believe I'll be brewing AG for under $60.00 including my burner and first batch of grain ingredients. Surely a cause for celebration.:mug: Shane

Nice. The beer gods looked down favorably on me this weekend, too. One of my brothers asked if I wanted a spare keg he had. Apparently he had one up in his attic from a party that he had a few years ago.

I already had two, but now the trifecta is complete!

Back