Calling all Frigidaire 7.2 cu. ft. freezer owners!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildwest450

Reaction score
I need some measurements. Or anyone with a freezer that's 34 1/4" high and 23 1/4" deep. I'm planning on buying 2 of these to go against the back wall of my brew shed, which is behind the bar area. I also plan on hanging a 42" lcd on the back wall. So I need to know how high the lid is when opened. And also how many inches away from the wall the lid comes when fully open. It would be embarrassing to open the lid of my freezer and smash my tv.:eek:

I tried going to Lowes to measure, they were out of that freezer. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'ts not my intention to hijack, but while questiones are being asked about the 7.2cu chest freezer I'd like to throw one in...

Will the frigidaire 7.2cu chest freezer fit two 6gal better bottles w/o modification?

Thanks and sorry!;)

can I piggy back too? I hear that this model no longer can fit 4 5 gallon kegs on the floor. Is this true? I am buying one too.
(love the brew shed!)

OK, here are the measurements I just took:

Exterior: 35"w x 21.5"d x 34"h
Interior Top (above hump): 16" x 30"
Interior Bottom: 16" x 18"
Hump: 16"d x 12"w x 10"h
Height of opened lid: 55"

Thanks, just what I was looking for.

Do you think it is possible to get two 6 gallon BB in one with a collar or modification?

How many kegs can you fit on the floor? Did you build a collar? How many can you fit with the collar?
Thanks!

How many kegs can you fit on the floor? Did you build a collar? How many can you fit with the collar?
Thanks!

I have a 6" collar and designed my keezer to fit 3 5 gallon ball lock cornies on the floor, and then one 3 gallon keg and my 5# CO2 tank on the hump. I never thought to check and see if I have enough height to fit another 5 gallon cornie on the hump. I am at work right now so I can't go verify whether it would fit or not. But sitting here thinking about it I believe it would be pretty close.

I have a 6" collar and designed my keezer to fit 3 5 gallon ball lock cornies on the floor, and then one 3 gallon keg and my 5# CO2 tank on the hump. I never thought to check and see if I have enough height to fit another 5 gallon cornie on the hump. I am at work right now so I can't go verify whether it would fit or not. But sitting here thinking about it I believe it would be pretty close.

Thanks. I read somewhere that you need an 8 inch collar to fit ball lock cornies on the hump. Not sure though. I wonder when they changed this model, people used to get 4 cornies on the floor.

Thanks. I read somewhere that you need an 8 inch collar to fit ball lock cornies on the hump. Not sure though. I wonder when they changed this model, people used to get 4 cornies on the floor.

I purchased mine approx 1 year ago and I can easily get 4 cornies on the floor plus a 10lb CO2.

Can anyone tell me how far the lid comes to the back wall when it's fully open?

Assuming it's pushed up against a wall.:)

I don't understand what you're looking for. Of course your avitar is distracting as heck so I'm probably just not focusing very well on the question. :)

I don't understand what you're looking for. Of course your avitar is distracting as heck so I'm probably just focusing very well on the question. :)

I think he is wondering when the lid is all the way open what is the measurement from the front edge of the lid to the back of the freezer.

If I understand what your asking correctly...

~9inches from the top of the lid to the wall (assuming its pushed up against). Mine is about 2 inches away from the wall and its 11.5"

Back