Shipping Costs!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pommy

Reaction score
OK so before I start crying... I spend ages on amazon on here looking at different options for a new mash tun and burner. Decided on the Bayou Classic SP10 and the Coleman 70 Quart Xtreme Cooler. Everything added up to $76 or so with the specials listed and so I clicked through to the checkout. $400 for shipping! So anyway does anyone know anyone who offer cheaper options for shipping internationally? The thing is Im not sure if I can even get this set-up much cheaper over here and certainly would struggle to find the exact ones tried and tested by you guys. Im going to bed before I bite the bullet and let them take half my weeks wages to put it on a first class jet here. Any suggestions would be great. Cheers :mug:

Please do not pay $76 for a cooler and a burner. Don't get hung up one "the ones tried and tested here". It's just a cooler. Look locally and post the specs of the cooler and burners you find, someone here will tell you which will be comparable.

I think the prices over here may reflect the costs of shipping because its generally 5 times the price to buy one here which seems ridiculous. Ill have to go and have another look around and see what I can find. With regards to the burner Ive seen some big ones locally that are pretty cheap so maybe I should look into how much it would cost to build one. Ill chat with my LHBS guy next time I go in and see what he thinks are the best options, Im sure hes heard it before.

Damn that's some high shipping cost. I'm sure you could find a cooler and burner cheaper than that.

Yeah, I think just about any standard cooler is going to fill the function here. I've seen round ones, square ones, rectangle ones. Find a cheap one and roll with it! As far as burners go, check restaurant supply places.

Look for anything 55k btu and over. The crazy high btu ones are OK too, but use more propane. I have the KAB4 and I am having issues not torching everything in my garage. I had some water jugs "near" the boil, and they are half melted before I realized it.

Yeah I dont know if you guys get taxed on sending outside US or if its just the logistics or what but thats some damn expensive shipping! Im thinking now that I might get a couple kegs and convert them. Im meeting a brewpub owner next week so I will talk to him and hopefully he will have some suggestions... or a couple of old spare kegs :D

International shipping is the pits, unless you are willing to use a ship. I shipped 10% of my first product run via air and shipped the rest freight. The 10% cost 3 times as much than the 90%. Of course, the ship took 7 weeks vs 3 days.

It would be nice to have the option because I would definitely take the ship. Unfortunately its either get it in two days and pay the price or don't get it at all :(

Back