How to Measure Ml?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An alterrnative to the syringe is one of the 5ml hollow handle spoons used to dose rugrats with medication. Probably get it in the same place.

Thanks. I got past that one. Now I'm off to the local Pawn Shop looking for a scale. I know what they will be thinking when I ask for that. I also know what I think why they always have so many.

So what range or type should I look for? Probably useful for water salts and hops.

Thanks. I got past that one. Now I'm off to the local Pawn Shop looking for a scale. I know what they will be thinking when I ask for that. I also know what I think why they always have so many.

So what range or type should I look for? Probably useful for water salts and hops.

I would look for one that measures in decimal ounces. Trying to convert decimal to fractions of an ounce is a pain in the you know what especialy if it only measures by 1/8 of an ounce. I have to convert to metric for smaller hop additions at 1mg steps.

I have a 1ml syringe I nabbed from the vet office last time I was there. You can pick up respectable scales on eBay for cheap. I have a digital one that came with calibration weights and does up to around 2oz as well as measures in grains,grams, and carats. Works great and accurate to within .2 grains according to my calibration weight set.

Cool. Got a scale and a couple syringe's.

It's something else buying a small scale. The Pawn Shops all have them, in many different variations. Some look like Ipods, Cell Phones, Ash Trays, there was one that was made to look like a CD Jewel Case. Dopeheads must need to conceal them on their coffee table.

On the good side. I know one of the local pawnbrokers (old neighbor) so I trust him. As far as you can trust a pawnbroker anyway. And he claims the one he suggested is a good one. At $15.00 no big deal.

The bad side is, he told me he sells over 100 of them a year. That seems like way too many to me. At least one of them will go to a good use. :mug:

I guess those crack cutters need to take up home brew to justify their precision scales :). I have one for homebrewing and a high accuracy high dollar one for reloading so there are at least a few legit reasons to own 'em.

Latest posts

Back