Hallo from Da UP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitfire9703

Reaction score
Hello All,

Sending greetings from way up nord in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Currently on my third batch, and looking forward to many more!

:rockin:

Thanks, I have been trolling for a couple weeks now, but finally decided to show my face.

My first was an Irish Red Kit, then a Bavarian Wheat, and in the primary has a double IPA in it. :D

I am getting addicted very quickly to this wonderful hobby. :mug:

Welcome! And send me some pasties, eh? Yooperbrew keeps giving my pasties away. I don't think she likes me dontchaknow............:D

Howdy from a fudgie! Ok, I don't really go for the fudge, but I will get me some pasties when I'm up there!

I'm in Reed City. Where are you at up there? I'm comign up this weekend to snowshoe and ride Jeeps.

I am in Houghton going to Michigan Tech. Can't go much farther north.

Can't Beat a good Pasty!

I was up in Houghton this summer. Camped at McLain state park -- what a beautiful place. And it was calm and warm enough to go into the lake. Enjoyed brews at both Keweenaw and Library. Ate lots of thimbleberries right off the vines. Visited the mineral museum at Tech -- amamzing range of specimens. Good luck to you at Tech and ongoing.

Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed the area as much as I do. Try visiting in February, so far this winter we have gotten 197.5 inches of snow.

The Keweenaw Brewing Company is a popular watering hole for sure, and the Library Brew is no slouch either.

Welcome from another born and raised yooper and MTU Alumni. Drink a couple cans of Lift Bridge Brown Ale for me. I love that stuff!!!!:mug:

Welcome from another born and raised yooper and MTU Alumni. Drink a couple cans of Lift Bridge Brown Ale for me. I love that stuff!!!!:mug:

Liftbridge Brown was one of the beers that made me the man I am today. Speaking of, I am going to have a couple before my work meeting.

Welcome from a former troll (now in WI) and Tech alum! Best of luck at Tech. A few brews do make classes easier. Be sure to read Palmer's books - he's also a Tech alum. Lift Bridge is great!

Back