What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Kolsch finishing up for Oaktoberfest in Oakland, and a Specialty Ale with homegrown Golding hops and Tennessee maple syrup thrown in after the boil. I'll use the rest of the syrup to prime. I'm calling it Tennessee Stepper. It's around 9%ABV. Can't wait!

Got a batch of pumpkin ale that's been in there for a week now. Couple more weeks till I cold crash, add more spices and then keg.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

1. IPA dry hopped with Amarillo, Centennial, and Citra.
2. Strawberry Melomel.
3. Peach Watermelon Wine.

Did you really make such a small batch, or do you have a spigot on your fermenter? :mug:

I swear I did not waste a single drop of that sweet, sweet wort. :)

I do all grain brewing (BIAB + sparge) in a 19l pot on my electric stovetop. 14-15l is about my max batch size since I don't do any post boil dilutions.

1# A Punk IPA clone (with wrong malt, so much for the clone aspect)
2# I call it The Pooper. A black something created by me, pretty darn good actually. Moderately hoped with 6 hops in the kettle, + some coriander seeds, and 3 more in the fementor.
#3 Empty :( But full in an hour :) Lager with some perle and mittelfruh.

1. 5.5 gallons Helles in cold conditioning (actually in a keg)
2. 3 gallons barleywine with Brett C
3. 5 gallons sour ale
4. 5.5 gallons IPA in primary

Still have 2 3 gallon carboys and a 5 gallon empty. The IPA will go to the 5 gallon next weekend and the 6.5 will be used for a hefeweizen. Guess I need to brew up 6 gallons of something for the two small boys.

Getting things cleaned again & sanitized to bottle the watermelon hefe. The priming calculators say 3.06-4.04 volumes of co2. I don't trust bottles to go that high, so it's 2.8 Vco2 to be on the safe side.

Kinda funny how the FV didn't really off-gas till I took the hydrometer sample 4 days ago. Now it's bubbling a couple times a minute...on bottling day. Musta scared the sharts out of it, with all the equipment sanitizing. It's gettin' a tube right in the pee hole! :D

I have some happy yeasties, there're off to the races, 6 gallons of milk stout.
A couple 1 gallon meads in the background.

IMG_4364.jpg

I think my honey brown is infected in the secondary... I see a few small white mold patches floating on top. :(

As of right now, I've got the Sour BB Oatmeal Stout that's now getting to be about a year old, along with a "Wild" Bitter also souring, and then a Best Bitter that's been in primary about a week, and an English IPA that's been in primary since Friday night, and is now roaring at full tilt. I'll be adding a spiced Winter Warmer tomorrow that will hopefully be ready come the holidays.

An IPA. Mostly US 2-row, with some Vienna and a little Victory. Bittered with Warrior, then columbus, mosaic and summit at 3 mins and flameout. Great aroma coming out of the airlock. Going to dry hop with some combination of columbus, citra and mosaic probably. Really looking forward to drinking this one!

1-SMaSH with locally malted pilsner and amarillo hops

2-Pumpkin Ale

3-will be filled with local hop blasted maple amber as soon as I finish the recipe

4-is waiting for cidering in a few weeks

1 IIPA - secondary
2 Session IPA- secondary
3 Stout - Secondary
4 Brown ale - primary
5 Sweet plantain Porter - primary

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409705124.489451.jpg
Stout and Rye IPA fermenting happily in my beer room. The smell in there is so nice someone really should create an air freshner that smells like that.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409705646.539656.jpgleft to right 1 gallon Riesling/apple wine, half gallon leftover pale ale 2.0, 1 gallon amber graff Notty experiment, 1 gallon leftover pale ale 2.1, 1 gal amber graff s04 control, 1 gal leftover pale ale 2.0.

My 3 buckets are empty. And my 5 gal carboy is sadly empty as well.

A dunkelweizen. After my great success making Jamil's super-simple hefeweizen (50/50 pilsner and wheat) I went with 50/50 dark wheat and Munich with a tiny pinch of dehusked Carafa II for added color. I handled the yeast the same way I did with the hefeweizen, using Jamil's recommended pitch rate and temperature.

~5 gallons of Brett C. Bitter
~5 gallons of "Flemish" Sour Stout
~5 gallons English IPA
~5 gallons Best Bitter
~5.5 gallons Spiced Winter Warmer (using treacle, cinnamon, clove, allspice, and nutmeg).

5 gal bourbon oaked stout
5 gal shipwrecked saison (from hbt recipe database)
5 gal pale ale i made with some SUPER fresh locally grown hops a friend got me
and a Kane Head High clone i just brewed yesterday.
So much beer!

5 gal apfelwine
5 gal(as of an hour ago) of some german wheat ipa experiment
5 gal of kolsch kegged

5 gallons Happy Holiday Ale
5 gallons Apfelwein
5 gallons Irish Red Ale
5 gallons Dunkelweizen
1 gallon cantaloupe wine
1 gallon lavender peach mead

Back