IPA mistake

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cd38

Reaction score
Damn. I had a pretty good brew day yesterday my OG was a lil high but its ok. I have it in my carboy in a laundry basket with water to help with temps. Well this morning I woke up and went to go get some breakfast for the family. I was gone about 1 hr. I got back and ate breakfast and then went to go check on the brew the krausen had blown off my carboy cap and airlock with the "foam" spilling out of the top. I started cleaning and sanitizing everything then made a makeshift blowoff tube using my auto siphon tubing and my carboy cap. It seems to be working ok, but the fermentation does not seem as active as it was. Please someone tell me that it will be ok and that infection is not likely. I am so worried cause this is my first IPA, and they are my favorite style of beer.

Your alright. The blow off surely kept the nasties out. Like a soda that you released the pressure on.....give it a couple of hours and it'll start up again.

Back