Some pics of my brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeTaps

Reaction score
Just posting some pics of my first long brew day. In all, I bottled my Blonde Ale, brewed a Pumpkin Spice Ale, as well as a Cherry Wheat Ale.

I was tired during the Cherry Wheat, so no pics there...but so far it's just a plain Wheat beer with LME, Malto-Dextrin and flavoring/aroma hops...so you'll have to just imagine how that looks :cross:

Transferring Blonde Ale from primary to bottling bucket, then bottling and capping (make fun of the kitchen all you want with its blue carpet and old cabinet handles...we do :) It's an old house and the owner wants to keep it that way. Good thing the kitchen is the only part of the house that looks like it's from 1988. It's right on the beach though, so we're not complaining):

Brew001.jpg

Brew002.jpg

Brew003.jpg

Brew004.jpg

Brew005.jpg

Brew006.jpg

Brew007.jpg

Is that brown sugar I see? I would think that would make cider off tastes. I may be wrong...

Is that brown sugar I see? I would think that would make cider off tastes. I may be wrong...

At that quantity (looks to be a cup...maybe two) and assuming a partial boil 5gal batch, no off flavors should come of it. Of course it depends on the initial amount of malt extract used.

Sugar is your friend, especially if it is in the form of more exotic sugars (like jaggery) and is used with a judicious hand.

P.S. - I too dig on the fermentation chamber. Wasted/unused space is just that.

Check Revy's blog for some things to think about here.

1) Boost that bucket up on a upside down pot or something, it'll save your back
2) I don't see a dishwasher, but if you have one, open it up and do this on the counter above. cleanup will be as easy as shutting the dishwasher.

Back