The joyful stress of it!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perry

Reaction score
So, I've got ten hardcore beer hounds to brew for for a Memorial Day music festival. One of them will bring a keg of Rubicon IPA; I will bring ten gal of stout and ten gal of IPA.

I've put it off about as long as I can, therefore, I'm doing two ten-gal batches tomorrow.

Why am I posting this? I donno, I guess I just want to share the joy (stress?). Maybe I'm just nervous...

Cheers, everyone, and a happy weekend! -p

Well, what better day to do 20g than on Big Brew day? I'm doing 10 each of a British Rye Pale, a Northern German Pils, and an 80/. Good times.

...As good stress. I had to get a 5 gallon all grain batch done to day in less than 4 hours today! I heated my mash water, left to go to my LHBS to get ingredients with a co-worker watching the pot, came back and made my porter, left work and made it to my homebrew club meeting one minute early. Why? On club day we 10% off everything and 'cause it there'! Good stress :rockin:
Good Luck!

Off to a great start- the hose was frozen solid. Weird spring weather. -p

LOL I just dumped a secondary into a keg for cold conditioning a week earlier than I wanted to just so I could squeeze in a brew day today. Better looking half said no new fermenters for a while. Least I have plenty of extra kegs.

First batch in the fermenters, sparging the stout right now (drinking one too). Except for the frozen hose, the hour and a half of snowfall, and the 30 mph occasional gusts, it's going well. And actually, the snow was pretty nice; it's hot standing next to that burner.

cheers, -p

That was a bit of a workout! Anyway, I've got twenty gallons of unfermented beer in four carboys... It's the first time I've done two ten gallon batches in a day, and now I'm envious of you folks who have the REALLY big homebrew set-ups! I may have to look into it.

Thanks for putting up with my chattiness. Cheers, -

Back