another stuck fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wes_1696

Reaction score
I made a Imperial Stout but it isn’t going past 1.041 I used Apparent Attenuation = (101 – 41) / 106 x 100 and come up with 63% I use two packets of Nottingham ale yeast and been in the primary for ten days. i was thinking about putting in 1 packet of wine yeast. Any ideas?

What was your OG? 1.101?

If so that'll give you about 57% Apparent atten.

Try yeast nutrient/energizer, stir your yeast back into suspension (with sanitized stirring utensil), let it warm up some, if your temps are around 65, let it rise to about 70.

If all else fails then try a yeast with a higher attenuation.

There is always a possibility of not reaching your estimated FG due to the higher amount of unfermentable sugars in the brew,, but 57% or even 63% is a bit low.

Seems I get many of my big beers stuck between 1.030 and 1.020. They still always taste great, and you can definately feel the alcohol.

I just bottled Northern Brewer's Scotish Wee Heavy. OG was 1.086 and it finish at 1.030. Still 7.3% ABV.. Not bad, and I believe what the kit should usually go for.

Bigger beers with lots of body are going to finish with a higher gravity.. 1.040 is a bit high though.. Wish I could tell you what to do differently, but If I knew my wee heavy would of been closer to 1.020.

I did what schnitzengiggle said to do and it kick offed a little i going to check the gravity tomorrow and if it still didnt go down im just going to rack it and age it for a few months im just worred about bottle bombs

Back