AHB Clone - Anchor Steam's Liberty Ale opinions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried this one, but I brewed their clone of Pete's Wicked Ale, and it tastes just like the real deal, to me. Anchor Steam Liberty Ale is delicious. I say, go for it.

I'll be brewing AHS's Irish Red Ale some time this week. My extract kit arrived today. Looking forward to that!

Petes Wicked is good I havent had that in a while. Im gonna go for it, I hope it is close.

I did a california common clone from AHS, drank the first two last night, came out real nice. Good blend of maltiness with a moderately bitter bite.

That is a great IPA. It was the first one available in Oklahoma. Only problem is it's about $8, while I can get Bridgeport for $6.39.

Oh and as a point of clarification and not to be an EAC, but it's the Anchor brewing company, not Anchor Steam. That's just one of their beers.

God Emporer BillyBrew said:
That is a great IPA. It was the first one available in Oklahoma. Only problem is it's about $8, while I can get Bridgeport for $6.39.

Oh and as a point of clarification and not to be an EAC, but it's the Anchor brewing company, not Anchor Steam. That's just one of their beers.

Well you are and EAC!!! haha j/k. I actually knew that but had a brain fart when i posted the topic. I never have tried Anchor's steam beer. I bought this clone from AHS today so i cant wait to brew it!:rockin:

;) Slightly off topic... some of you may notice that AHS's version of Pete's beers are no longer listed. They can email you the recipe for their version ;) but cannot sell the kits due to a request from a lawyer at Pete's. I got the recipe info for AHS's version of Pete's Red Rush and just received all the ingredients yesterday. I'll be brewing that up this weekend. :D

BrooZer said:
Well you are and EAC!!! haha j/k. I actually knew that but had a brain fart when i posted the topic. I never have tried Anchor's steam beer. I bought this clone from AHS today so i cant wait to brew it!:rockin:

I finally got the EAC nod! Thanks! check my title.

Ivan Lendl said:
Anchors beers are all pretty simple recipes. Its probably just some 2-row, a lbs or 2 of munich, northern brewer and cascade hops, chico yeast.
og 1.060(ish)
ibu 50-60

Thier liberty ale is my fav IPA.

Yep it's pretty simple. The all grain goes 11# of 2 row and 10 oz. of Crystal 10L with a combination of Cascade and Northern Brewer hops. 3.5 oz. total.

EdWort said:
Yep it's pretty simple. The all grain goes 11# of 2 row and 10 oz. of Crystal 10L with a combination of Cascade and Northern Brewer hops. 3.5 oz. total.

I made one using crystal 80L that came out pretty good. Ive seen a lot of clone recipes using a lbs of munich. Crystal 10L seems like itd be too light.
Are you going by thier website? I think their barley wine is just 20 lbs 2-row, thats it. Simple stupid to the max!

Awesome beers, no matter what.

Back