Kansas City, MO - which breweries to hit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmulligan

Reaction score
I will be on a business trip for a week at the end of March. I've checked, and know that there are 2 breweries within 2 miles of my hotel (sweet!). One is Boulevard Brewing, the other is River Market Brewing Co. Any thoughts on either of these? Any recommendations of what to try when I go?

Just a little farther away are also Mill Creek Brewery and 75th St Brewery.

Any suggestions appreciated, and rock out Kansas City for having this many breweries within a 6 mile radius! It's certainly going to make an agriculture meeting go much more quickly! :mug:

Janet

I went on a KC beer trip a few weekends ago. The Boulevard tour is cool + free samples!

75th Street Brewery had good service and several brewery beers on tap. Overall I wasn't impressed with their quality, however.

McCoy's Public House had fewer house beers on tap, but I thought they were better crafted. I would recommend stopping by there--it's fairly close to Boulevard.

Do yourself a favor and go to Lukas Liquor around State Line & 135th. Something like 1,000 different beers in stock. Grab a shopping cart and load up--you will be in heaven. There are 2 Lukas Liquors--don't go to the one on the Kansas side!

Back