Stone 16th Anniversary IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrambledegg81

Flocculation Nation
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
All I can say is:

Well, perhaps a descriptive is warranted here...

The sucker-punch of lemon might turn a lot of people off, but I noticed a lot more subtleties as I went along that deserve merit. Light ruby/copper on the pour with plenty of puffy, marshmallow-esque lacing (quite sticky). Nose was pugent lemongrass & a hint of lychee of all things. Mouthfeel was somewhat astringent at first, but again, the lemon verbena obviously has something to do with that (and again, the sour kick mellows out after a minute or two). I couldn't pick up any of the tropical fruit notes that were described on the bottle, but the small rye addition adds a distinctly exotic, almost spicy, character. Very clean, aggressive stuff as to be expected from Greg & Steve.

:eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::eek:nestar::hs:/5

Last edited by a moderator:
This was the first brew from Stone that I could barely finish. I was so excited to see a new Stone Brew, that I just grabbed a bottle without really reading it. Then I read it when I got home and was disappointed. Lemon-beer - blech. I forced it down, but I think that it was the first Stone Brew that I have actually chugged. Nasty stuff.

69Bronc said:
This was the first brew from Stone that I could barely finish. I was so excited to see a new Stone Brew, that I just grabbed a bottle without really reading it. Then I read it when I got home and was disappointed. Lemon-beer - blech. I forced it down, but I think that it was the first Stone Brew that I have actually chugged. Nasty stuff.

+10. I didn't read the bottle either. Shame of it was, I passed up the last ruination 10th bottle for this. I found it to be drinkable if I had a bite of cinnamon chex first, otherwise, my first thought was "what the f did I buy"

+10. I didn't read the bottle either. Shame of it was, I passed up the last ruination 10th bottle for this. I found it to be drinkable if I had a bite of cinnamon chex first, otherwise, my first thought was "what the f did I buy"

Cinnamon chex. LMAO. I didn't think about that. :rockin:

69Bronc said:
Cinnamon chex. LMAO. I didn't think about that. :rockin:

Seriously... My 15 month old was eating them, so I popped some in my mouth, took a swig, and was like "they should have thrown some of this sh*t in the mash..."

Back