What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a lot happened during the shutdown. I finally got to meet my new assistant brewer, wobrien #2. He came yesterday morning about 45 min after we got to the hospital. Got there just in time :D

I'm drinking mostly water as the hospital frowns upon bringing alcohol into the maternity ward.

I'll drink to that! Congrats man!
During the shutdown I drank quite a bit, but the most memorable was a Kasteel. A must have if you enjoy Belgian beer and it's aged under a castle.
On the coffee

wobrien said:
So a lot happened during the shutdown. I finally got to meet my new assistant brewer, wobrien #2. He came yesterday morning about 45 min after we got to the hospital. Got there just in time :D I'm drinking mostly water as the hospital frowns upon bringing alcohol into the maternity ward.

Congratulations! Don't you own a flask? ;)

BigDaddyBeard said:
Coffee and looking up how to kombucha. Any advice or know where to get a mother? SWMBO requested I make it.

We've got a ton of them. I can send you one or ywo

wobrien said:
So a lot happened during the shutdown. I finally got to meet my new assistant brewer, wobrien #2. He came yesterday morning about 45 min after we got to the hospital. Got there just in time :D I'm drinking mostly water as the hospital frowns upon bringing alcohol into the maternity ward.
Congrats! The place where we have our kids allows one celebratory beverage

So a lot happened during the shutdown. I finally got to meet my new assistant brewer, wobrien #2. He came yesterday morning about 45 min after we got to the hospital. Got there just in time :D

I'm drinking mostly water as the hospital frowns upon bringing alcohol into the maternity ward.

Congrats!

Drinking some PBR and amazed at how much my senses have improved since I quit smoking. I had never really picked up on isoamyl acetate in anything where it wasn't in very high concentrations (Hefe's, some Belgians, etc), but as the thing warms up (it was sitting in the glass getting warm while I made a starter for Friday's Altbier), poof, there it is. Banana.

wobrien said:
Congrats to you!!

wobrien said:
Cangrats on the new addition man!:)

wobrien said:

Congrats! Should be easy since it's number two, right?

Drinking some PBR and amazed at how much my senses have improved since I quit smoking. I had never really picked up on isoamyl acetate in anything where it wasn't in very high concentrations (Hefe's, some Belgians, etc), but as the thing warms up (it was sitting in the glass getting warm while I made a starter for Friday's Altbier), poof, there it is. Banana.

Congrats on quitting smoking! I never picked up on the habit and glad I didnt. Stay strong man!

Congrats!
And keeping on topic, having a cherry coke after some coffee. It was a late night of drinking some mad elf, celebration, and cider, as well as pre-fruit gravity samples of strawberry blonde and banana bread ale.

wobrien said:

Congrats!

Coffee here

wobrien said:

Congratulations man!

Drinking water now.

Congratulations, coffee

That is awesome! Congrats to you!

Bomber of my Smoked Black Saison.

20131119_111229[1].jpg

I missed the alchy thread! Jasmine tea, getting ready to punish my legs with some hills.

nukebrewer said:
Yeah, that was a great night. Couldn't have caught a luckier break. I had the BB1, Pumpkinator, Sculpin and a small taste of Wes' BB2 along with dinner and beer pairing Wes mentioned. Fantastic night and Wes and DisturbdChemist are both great guys to hang out with.

That kind of stuff never happens to me. In fact I almost expected to be handed a bill when we were done. It was a great dinner, although the additional four beers that came with it weren't a good idea since I had to work today. The BB1 and 5 are both 12% ABV. I probably should've been done after those and the BB2. I'm running a little sluggish today. But it was a great night. I'm glad DC suggested going over to Baker St.

No pictures since the tread was still closed at the time, but last night I had some great beer and had a great time hanging out with DisturbdChemist and nukebrewer.
I had a Saint Arnold Bishops Barrel 1 - Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout, Bishops Barrel 2 - Old Ale in Chardonnay Barrels with Cherries, and Bishops Barrel 5 - Bourbon Barrel Wee Heavy.
The 1 was the best out of the three BBs I had. It's a little over a year in bottles at this point.
We also ended up with a free 4 course beer pairing dinner by being at the right place at the right time. It was a great night.

Yeah, that was a great night. Couldn't have caught a luckier break. I had the BB1, Pumpkinator, Sculpin and a small taste of Wes' BB2 along with dinner and beer pairing Wes mentioned. Fantastic night and Wes and DisturbdChemist are both great guys to hang out with.

Im back mutha... just kidding. Lol good this thread is back.

Ditto on above. It was was a great time and lucky to get a free 4 course beer dinner. I wish that happens more often lol. Sitting in class so no beer. Maybe tonight.

Come one, come all, if you wanna brawl
I'm the mighty Thor, clotheslining mugs like Steven Seagall

Come one, come all, if you wanna brawl
I'm the mighty Thor, clotheslining mugs like Steven Seagall

The only running I have ever enjoyed, but I prefer 2 wheels.

Yeah, road running is no fun. PM me your addy and I can get you a SCOBY out sometime. I've got a few things to drop off at PO, hopefully I get down there next week.

Having a vanilla nib stout with (well more like for) lunch. Found out I get to go paint inlays deck this afternoon. No matter how many times I tell them I need to know about projects ahead of time, it never happens. Well, at least I got an hours lead time instead of the usual 'hey can you come do this right now?'. ;)

wobrien said:
Call me a homer, but I love that beer. STILL drinking water and dying to get out of this hospital.
Homer :)
More water while en route to beer town (home)
First time force carbing a beer at 30 psi, I hope all is good!

Back