Adding flavorants

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BorisBulldog

Reaction score
I'm going to try my 1st flavored beer and I'm looking at these flavorants from Alternative Beverage below-

flavorants.jpg

I'm making a Pale Ale and was wondering if someone that has flavored a Pale beer can give me a tip which flavorants might be better for the bitter styled beer like a pale.

I know any of those above will work with Golden Ales, or Lagers or Wheats but not sure about the Pale's.

Thanks

My advice: if you want to do a fruit beer, do a fruit beer, especially since this is mid summer and all of those should be pretty easy to find cheap and in season. Hazelnut works with Stouts. But goe easy on it 1 - 1.5 teaspoons per 5 gallons.

My advice: if you want to do a fruit beer, do a fruit beer, especially since this is mid summer and all of those should be pretty easy to find cheap and in season. Hazelnut works with Stouts. But goe easy on it 1 - 1.5 teaspoons per 5 gallons.

Thanks, but I prefer to add a non sugar flavorant at the kegging stage.

I have had good success adding 6 oz. of LD Carlson Apricot flavoring after ferm is complete - once added to secondary and once added to bottling bucket. It was my attempt at a Magic Hat #9 clone and it came out excellent.

I have had good success adding 6 oz. of LD Carlson Apricot flavoring after ferm is complete - once added to secondary and once added to bottling bucket. It was my attempt at a Magic Hat #9 clone and it came out excellent.

Thanks.

I'vs just added 4oz of Blackberry to my 5 gallon batch of Golden Ale and will let it carbonated in my kegerator. I'll post the results in about 1 week when I take my 1st sample.

Back