Water Resistant Labels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C4PNJ4ZZ

Reaction score
I'm brewing and bottling a batch for my brothers wedding. I wanted to make labels for the bottles so they would be a little nicer than amber and gold.

I've looked around and have found a few websites. Anyone have any experience with them?

I'm looking for water resistant labels that won't run when the beer sweats. Ideally people could keep the bottles looking nice after drinking them.

The myownlabels have the best designs.

Would I just be better off printing them myself? Thanks for your help :mug:

*- ~ Beer Label Builder ~ -* Design Your Own Beer Labels
My Own Labels | Custom Labels, Personalized Favor Tags, Coasters, Bookplates, Note Cards, Place Cards
Custom Beer Labels | Personalized Beer Labels | Wedding Beer Labels

I stopped making labels awhile ago just because I don't feel it's worth the time, but I can see where you'd want to label them at a wedding. Adds a nice touch.

When I was labeling, I would spray polyurithane*sp?* over the labels once they were printed on removable label paper from onlinelabels.com It helps keep them from bleeding, but not to the level of commercial brews. You can buy water resistant ink and most office shops, but it's expensive.

It was once suggested to me to use an alternative to labels. Make little tags like something you'd see on a stuffed animal. Put them on a little dog tag like chain and drape it around the bottle neck. It adds a unique touch and it's easy.

Back