So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same for any immersion chiller, hoses that are removable and even your grains unless you are making adjustments of 0 f grains.

Good points. I missed my strike temp by 10F, probably because my grain was sitting out for 30 minutes while the water heated up.

Just started the mash on my house ale. Once the boil starts I'll be drinking my SaazSquatch that I made last month while brewing my SaazSquatch today.

I brewed a Peach Wheat Ale yesterday. It was supposed to land at 1.064 but because I double milled my grained I got a higher efficiency in biab. It landed at 1.078. I was to lazy to use top up water so we're gonna see hoe boozy it gets. Now I have a new problem though. I use Mr beer lbk's for my batches and the trub on the peach wheat is so thick it's block the release valve on the front. I'll have to figure something out in a couple weeks when I bottle.

Not this weekend...should be next weekend, though. Want to get my Steinpilz Gose going! (porcini mushroom)

Did my second brew ever on Saturday-- a truebrew brown ale extract kit.

It seemed to go well even after a boil over. I forgot how vigorous the hot break was and was unprepared. I did my first brew back in the fall and then had some minor issues like a hip replacement and getting caught back up on business to interfere with brewing. My only concern is that I don't have the wort in pitch black darkness; lugging a 5 gallon bucket down to the cellar is not going to happen right know. The temperature is good though-- I keep a cold house, so fermenting on the first floor is fine and it is not in direct sunshine. Basement might actually be too cold.

Just grab a large towel and wrap it around the fermenter.

Planning on my first AG brew this weekend if all goes according to plan. Yooper's House Pale Ale is the victim and I will cool overnight in the bucket (chilling equipment will need to wait until next month).

Some days are just born to brew. Rainy days. Days like this when out was 2 degrees out when I woke up. After unfreezing the cold water supply in the kitchen (yikes!) I went down to the electric brewery and filled the HLT to get started. Then put Stevie Ray on the box. Very cozy.

Going for a double in honor of president weekend. Put a Jamil American amber in the fermenter yesterday. Today it's a Jamil American Brown Ale.

Number one and two for my brewversity series. I've decided to work my way through Brewing Classic Styles. Let's see how far I get.

Happy brewing and happy Presidents Day all!

Did a bit of a "floor sweepin's" today. It was a variation on my new house ale "Tarrytown Rusty Brown" using up the last of my Munich 10L. I oversparged and tried to make up for it with a long boil but due to the increased volume and and frigid temps...it took almost an hour to get to a boil! In the end, sent a little over 11 gallons to the fermentors and missed my OG by .003 which not one will even notice.

Pitched over a yeast cake(s) of Notty and had active fermentation in 2 hours. I do not care about the negatives, love doing that. Even t the 57 degree air temp in the basement, will likely be done with primary by Monday and on to dry hoping and allowing the yeast to do their cleaning.

Made a gallon of root beer! Not a big deal, but it's something. I used a gallon of water, a tablespoon of root beer concentrate, heaping 1/8 teaspoon of vintners harvest CY17 wine yeast...'cause I had it and felt like it...plus 1-1/2 c. white sugar and 1/2 c. honey. Bottling in a few minutes...drinking in a couple of weeks.

I think the weekend is out. High School Band Booster Winter Carnival is on Saturday and I have to pick up a Dunk Tank in a nearby town Friday Night and get it set up Saturday morning for the Carnival. I will be at the high school. From about 10:00 am (maybe earlier) until about 11:00 IIRC.

BUT - I am anxious to brew up an IPA for a friend, or a Witbier for me. Maybe a bit early for a Witbier, but I do have plenty of Centennial and Citra for the IPA and I could whip one of them out on a weeknight if I prep ahead of time.

I think the weekend is out. High School Band Booster Winter Carnival is on Saturday and I have to pick up a Dunk Tank in a nearby town Friday Night and get it set up Saturday morning for the Carnival. I will be at the high school. From about 10:00 am (maybe earlier) until about 11:00 IIRC.

BUT - I am anxious to brew up an IPA for a friend, or a Witbier for me. Maybe a bit early for a Witbier, but I do have plenty of Centennial and Citra for the IPA and I could whip one of them out on a weeknight if I prep ahead of time.

Its never too early for a witbier! I just brewed up a hefe on Sunday and plan to make a wit in the next week or so. :rockin:

I'll be brewing a new recipe I came up with for our potential wedding favors on Friday. Saturday I'm introducing a freind to brewing and I came up with a single hop Amarillo recipe for that brew. 3 gallon batches each.

If the roads are not still iced, I'll go out Friday and pick up ingredients for a gose to brew BIAB Saturday.

Monday brewed extract IPA. Used new stir plate to make y. Starter Saturday. Had to add blowoff tube yesterday.

Have 3 week old brown Porter with Stuck fermentation. Nothing going on there.

Definitely me! Burners arrived and tested, grain/hops/yeast arrived, waiting for my Thermapen to arrive and hopefully some reasonable weather Saturday or Sunday.

I finally found that motivation to get moving today. The boil is underway. Wort smells and tastes great so far. Pre-boil gravity is where it needs to be. Hopefully I don't run into any issues using my pump/filter/chiller setup.

Got my yeast starter on last night for this weekend's brew. I'm going to be very ambitious, and very busy this weekend. I've got to bottle my robust porter that's been in a fermenter for the last five weeks, and then am going to brew an IPA (Two Hearted clone) and a Maibock (Rogue Dead Guy clone) on hopefully the same day. Both are mini-mash kits from AHB. I've never done two brews in a day, never done a mini-mash. This will either go really well, or is going to be a cluster****.

My daughter needed my truck so I cant work in the yard today, so I decided to brew instead!! I didn't make a starter since this was on a wimb. making a wooky clone found here on HBT. LHBS didn't have citra so Im using centennial instead and got 2 viles of WL002 hope that's enough!! Hoping to brew again this weekend(not sure what). Going back to work soon so I need to get my pipeline built up

Johnny Utah IPA coming this weekend!

That's great, BRAH

I will be brewing this weekend if I get some bottles, have two batches in bottles that aren't ready and 3 fermenters full of beer ready to go to bottles that I don't have

I went to the LHBS today and picked up the grains for a recipe I concocted myself and have made once before that I call Maris Citra.

As the name implies, my base malt is supposed to be Maris Otter. Well, the LHBS was out of it, so I'm going to try it with pearl malt. I really hope it's comparable because my kegerator is empty. I have four kegs and three fermentors screaming to be filled and am hoping to find the time to brew 3 times by Monday.

On a side note: I was stung by a scorpion about an hour ago inside my house. Who in the hell has scorpions in February? I'm definitely rethinking my winter residence in Arizona. The pain is unimaginable.

Doing up a 50/50 wheat/2-row all citra and mosaic hop bomb bittered with magnum.

Going to be my first BIAB 25-30 min mash. Pretty excited to try it out.

I will be brewing the NB Chocolate Milk Stout this weekend. I picked up all of the ingredients from my LHBS and will be doing that. Also, I will be painting the collar for my keezer with automotive paint. The collar is built, but I will give it a final sand and probably primer it either tonight or tomorrow night.

I was going to start a Cream Ale, in hopes of it being ready for the beginning of Golf Season.
But with the weather hovering over Zero and my basement just above 57, I am hesitant.

But then again, I refuse to let mother nature get between myself and beer!

Been awhile since I have been on here and awhile since I have brewed, but this weekend I am brewing up an Imperial Oatmeal Stout that I had designed up awhile back ago and then I will do a second mash off of the first to make a second type of beer

Brewing up a batch (10g) of Rob's Oatmeal Stout with my father-in-law.

Will be repitching Dry English Ale yeas from a 5g batch and planning to do some top cropping to reuse it again for a historic english IPA. :ban:

Back