So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered an 8.8 cu. ft. Chest freezer at lowes.com. When I went to pick it up they did not have it in stock so they upgraded me to a 13.5 cu. ft. model for same price. It fits 1fermenter, 3 5 gal kegs and co2. Thanks lowes. I racked 5 gal of IPA II - san diego super yeast to keg and have 5 gal of single hop Columbus IPA and 5 gal of IPA II - California ale yeast in primary. In an AG IPA phase. Lovin' the hops.

Brewed an oatmeal stout base, tossed in some cocoa powder I had left from my chocolate mint stout with 10 minutes to go. I will then dose it with coffee later for a low abv breakfast stout like session beer. I pitched some Denny's Fave 50 into it. I also corked and bottled my Belgian dark strong ale. I did all this while being extremely hung over from a bachelor party the night before. I am definitely getting the stuff to add a valve and a thermometer to my 10 gallon megapot before spring.

Brewed an IPA, I'm calling it "Great Golden Hopulations IPA" and 10 gallons of the Cream of 3 Crops ale.

I am. Returning to brewing after a long absence. Posted a thread about trying an extract based Double Black IPA or Black Double IPA or whatever in both the Extract and Beginner forums. Cheers! Go Huskies, beat the Ducks!

My Black Double IPA, named "Double Black Diamond Ale" in honor of ski season, came out at 1.09 OG. Apparently it will go big.

Dawgs are down 19 to 34 in the third, and the Ducks will in all likelihood win, but they are giving it a game anyway!

I've got 1 week more conditioning on my 1st batch, an English IPA about ready to keg, just brewed a Belgian Wit tonight with my new 10-gallon cooler tun (worked perfectly), and will be doing a Rye IPA tomorrow or Monday depending on my yeast starter.

Brewing a Sierra Nevada celebration clone. Bottling my Christmas ale and tasting my Canadian ale for the first time.

Holy schemoly; is this an old thread that just keeps going!

I brewed this weekend; about 40F outside and 30mph winds... my 3rd batch and I decided to brew a Hefeweizen (my first brew without a kit). Everything that went right in the past, went wrong, and vice-versa. My scale didn't come in, so I had to weigh grains on a pocket scale that errored out over 2lbs, my iodine test failed, did a second mash with extra two-row, etc... but in the end the wort came out tasting like honey and I didn't shake the White Lab vial so vigorously as to explode it, got it all in, and it's fermenting in primary now... hopefully an excellent brew and quick ferment/conditioning so it can beat my oatmeal stout that tastes like jet fuel in a bottle, to taste.

Just mashed in a SMaSH consisting of Marris Otter and Amarillo.Also started a 5lb roast in the Crock Pot for shredded beef sammies.Also making pizza dough.All in anticipation of the Cowboys' beatdown of the Seahawks,later today!!

All set-up.
Got to get a run in, then it's brew time.

Working on a new recipe.
Sasha!
Summit Amarillo Simcoe Hopped Ale

Here's to a great day to all who'r brewin'
:mug:

BrewDay111106_3.jpg

AnOldUR said:
All set-up.
Got to get a run in, then it's brew time.

Working on a new recipe.
Sasha!
Summit Amarillo Simcoe Hopped Ale

Here's to a great day to all who'r brewin'
:mug:

That set up in my kitchen would get me divorced. :)

I'm brewing 15 gallons of Bee Cave Brewery IPA today. I'll chill it to 80, then fill the buckets and put them the Fermenteezer and set the temp to 65. Tomorrow morning I will pitch the yeast.

I'm using WLP001 this time as I'm out of Safale -05 and I think I'm finished with dry yeast due to the cost. It's worth an extra couple bucks for a vial that I can use across multiple batches instead of 3 packets of dry.

Just mashed in for 5 gallons of Falcons Gyre Rye IPA from the latest issue of Zymurgy. Had to sub Citra for the Falconers Flight though as my LHBS didnt get any FF

About to mash in on a half batch of pumpkin ale, also cooking a huge pot roast.

Wasn't even planning on brewing today, I was grocery shipping and saw canned pumpkin for a buck, then it occurred to me I had everything else needed at the house already.

My Two Hearted Ale clone is 20min into the boil as I type.Drinking the original as well. Also bottled an IIPA with massive amounts of cascade & falconares flight as the hops, a super hopped Warrior IIPA & racked 5gal of Wheat onto 3lbs of fresh cranberries. Been a great weekend.

I'm brewing 15 gallons of Bee Cave Brewery IPA today. I'll chill it to 80, then fill the buckets and put them the Fermenteezer and set the temp to 65. Tomorrow morning I will pitch the yeast.

I'm using WLP001 this time as I'm out of Safale -05 and I think I'm finished with dry yeast due to the cost. It's worth an extra couple bucks for a vial that I can use across multiple batches instead of 3 packets of dry.

I understand your thoughts regarding cost of dry yeast, but S-05 is bulletproof!!

Brewed a breakfast stout Saturday. Used real espresso and cocoa powder.

1.062 OG, 35 or so ibu's and S-05. Started bubbling and churning like crazy this morning.

Hope it turns out good. First all grain stout I've done and first time I've added stuff to a brew. Perhaps a bit ambitious building my own recipe without experience brewing the style, but the wort was amazing and every other recipe I've done has turned out well enough. :mug:

Yah know i was thinking of taking a break because i ran out of base malt anyway but still have specialty,crystal malts probably enough to make at least a dozen more. I mainly brew organic but cost getting it sent from Cali have made me hesitate, i do like experimenting.I just dont like always using the same base malt.I believe there are only a few very good organic beers,i think maybe i just may have made one of them accidentally luckily becaause commercially they have never matched up to some of the best beers out there.Also organic does not have a good name for best beers.
I will probably get some base malts i have never tried and make a bunch of single hop ipa's to finish up all of my crystal malt i overpurchased. I dont want to stop and think of how im just letting my crystal malts stale.Also you cannot get all hops oranically and overall ive been somewhat disapointed in the hops organic or not that i got. I think its weird that you dont know the age of your hops when you buy them. I want some 2011? Will i get them?Doubt it!
Im also thinking about trying a cider,i just bought some and dont recall really ever even trying them and they are pretty good. Woodchuck has some decent ones. I think they have english beer esters with a solid apple taste with mild tartness that gives that hop like finish but making it so good.
Until then i will seek out new beer that mainley is always better than mine and inspiring.Yes there is a reason most beer is in a bottle commercially ,because its good.Untill then i will try to make beer this good but im not going to stop enjoying these awesome beers,unless i can make them better.

Brewed 16 gallons of Port Chronic amber ale.
Hit all my numbers, easy brew..
Now sitting in the conical at 67 degrees..
Today was a good day:rockin:
igotsand

Brewed up an American Brown Ale, Sweet Stout, Imperial Stout, and a smaller stout off of the runnings of the IS. 4 brews in one afternoon!:ban: So there were no hops left for the little stout as there was not enough foresight for that... so me and a fellow brewer had to kill off one of the kegs that I had put an ounce of keg hops into to have something to bitter with. Also stole the aroma hops from a previous batch from the day. So now we have a citra / willamette stout. Don't really care if its great or not because its all from recycled stuff! :D

I brewed up a killer batch of winter ale I am calling "Merry Freakin Christmas Ale". It is an all grain 5 gallon batch, my OG was 1.070 and should finish with about 7.25% abv and 70 IBU using Amarillo and chinook hops; toasty red color. Can't wait to try it. Damn I love brewing beer!!!!!

Prost

Dalton Brewer

I am brewing this weekend! I Get to actually go home for a while so Hell Yeah I am brewing! Gonna brew a porter and then a pale ale. I can't wait!

Did two two-batch weekends in a row last weekend and the weekend before. That plus the rest of my pipeline means six out of seven fermenters are full so I have one left so maybe ... no, gotta give it a rest this weekend.

Brewed 2.5g of an IPA SMaSH (Nugget hops) today, am planning on 4g of Centennial Blonde on Friday, and 5g of Imperial Red on Sunday. I also planned out my brew/fermentation schedule to make sure I can get it all in and I have the yeast cakes and fermenting vessels/fridges at the right time. Today's SMaSH is also a step-up/starter of US-05 for my 8g Celebration Ale in two weeks. I'll bottle the Glacier SMaSH on S-04 Friday so I can use the cake for the Centennial Blonde. And the next weekend I have 5g of Fuller ESB clone attempt on 1968 yeast, followed by 10g of Lake Walk Pale Ale in early December on the rinsed yeast from the Celebration. I'm really excited for all this brewing!!

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

I had to push my Sunday to today, but just finished off a Rye PA and hit all my marks on my 2nd AG. 1st yeast starter too and it's bubbling like never before after 3 hours. Out of fermenters though...

Doing a Dunkel with my buddy on Fri. We're both Gov employees, so were gonna make use of the time off! He's got the refergeration set up; I have the AG MLT. It will be his 1st AG, my 1st lager. Looking forward to a lot of homebrew consumption! Gonna be a blast!

Back