Congrats Utah Home Brewers!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on the improvements in pub laws, too. No more filling out a card to be served in a private club, with the bar kept behind a see through barrier that keeps the bar tender from just handing you a drink.

Salt Lake Mayor is sorta glad. :)

50% Mormon residents, 70% Mormon legislature-surprised it even passed this soon. :(

fraught with mischief

Utah homebrewers should adopt this as there slogan.

Three Republican senators voted against the bill, including Senate Majority Assistant Whip Gregory Bell. "I'm not comfortable with home brewing," Bell said to the Deseret News. "It seems fraught with mischief to me. Maybe I don't understand it."

Congratulations on the improvements in pub laws, too. No more filling out a card to be served in a private club, with the bar kept behind a see through barrier that keeps the bar tender from just handing you a drink.

Salt Lake Mayor is sorta glad. :)

50% Mormon residents, 70% Mormon legislature-surprised it even passed this soon. :(

Yeah they did away with the membership cards but they are going to implement an id scanner that keeps your information for 7 days. So law officers can at any point go to a bar and pull the information and see who was there in the past 7 days. That is illegal and a violation of my constitutional rights to privacy. Checking an id for it's validity is fine but to store my information and where i have been for any amount of time is wrong. The govt has NO right to know where i have been at anytime.

Plus they did do away with the law that drinks can't be served across the bar in restaurants but now all new restaurants have to mix their drinks behind a wall out of view.

So in my opinion the laws just got worse....not better.

I like the discussion, I was sent the link.... I like the UTAH opinion want more.... thx Christian

FWIW the constitution has nothing to do with privacy

Except when the Supremes want it to. They have based decisions on an implied right of privacy. Roe v. Wade was such a decision. Outside of those decisions, though, they have not defined that implied right, and they have refused to extend it in other areas.

But, enough of that. I just came over here to congratulate the homebrewers of Utah!

TL

I have never understood this.... If I had multiple wives I would want to drink more, not less?

congrats to the homebrewers of Utah!!

I have never understood this.... If I had multiple wives I would want to drink more, not less?

congrats to the homebrewers of Utah!!

Isn't there a micro in Utah that makes a beer called Mormon Brew or Polygamy or something like that with a slogon "One is never enough" ?

Congrats to the home brewers in the state next door.

Eddie

Back