Schneider & Brooklyner Hopfen Weisse

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erbium:YAG

Reaction score
I was in my favorite liquor store today (500 different beers) and ran across this.

http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/Beer/Beer-Ratings.asp?BeerID=75466

Essentially it's a collaborative effort between Schneider & Sohne of Munich and Brooklyn Brewery. The result is a weisse beer of an unusually high ABV for a weisse beer (8.2%) and equally uncharacteristic for the style, it is well hopped. When I saw this, I just had to try it. let's just say I was not disappointed in the least. While it is not your traditional weisse, it is probably one of the best beers I've had in a while. If you can find it, I highly recommend picking up a bottle or two.

I posted a thread about this beer a few weeks ago... I have two bottles in the fridge, waiting for the right reason to open them... I really liked this beer and would love to find a recipe that was similar... if people find them at there beer shops, pick them because theres a limited supply... i know virginia only got 77 cases total...

The batch thats out now was brewed in Germany... but coming up soon they are going to meet in brooklyn and brew another round of this beer with american ingredients... so it should be interesting to taste the difference in th two...

*buyp*

Wow what a great beer. This is a really interesting combination. I would not let this beer age if you have it and are waiting on it. The hop flavor (Amarillo and Palisades) and aroma is magnificent and really plays well with the heavy Wheat flavor and residual sweetness. Very nice.

I have to say, tried another one of these this weekend. Man is it tasty. Definitely on the sweet side, but very nice.

Man-o-man, I love this beer! I bought a few bottles of the German edition (I assume it's the German one as the bottles resembled the bottle for Aventinus Dopplebock) at the TotalWine the other day and it has definitely been on my mind ever since. I guess this is a Weizen-Bock... does anyone have a good ag recipe for this style? I'd be really interested to see how it would turn out at home.

I am a HUGE fan of anything Weisse and not too much of a fan of hoppy beers but I have to say that this one is BIG on my list. I love it so much that I bought a case of it!!!!

I had this at a beer tasting about six months ago and it became an instant favorite. I was happy when I found it in my local beer store now that I've moved to the other side of the country. :)

Back