Help with Electric Brewery/ My electric Brewery Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WiseEyes

Reaction score
So I became privy to a restaurant supply store liquidation and purchased three very nice 301 Stainless 80 quart kettles for $40 a piece a few weeks back. (have ordered sight glass/temp probe kits from bargain fittings and will be installing ball valves on each this weekend)

I have spent a lot of time looking for a bargain on kettles and no that I found them I'm not sure what to do. I am in Ohio and live in an area where space is not an issue, I have room to brew in a room in my basement but would rather set it up in my garage I think.

First of all I think that I really want to go electric, I do not have natural gas at my house and don't like the idea of filling up propane containers for the rest of my days.

So with that said, my house is less than 20 years old so the breaker box is up to date. I also have a unused range plug in the kitchen (propane stove/oven) which frees up the 220 plug. SO how are you guys plugging your rigs into the wall? and what do I need to do to plan ahead for a power source for my brewery?

O and pay no attention to the mess that currently is my garage in the process of getting things out of the actic in the picture.

IMG_4960.jpg

I would recommend doing a search on here and see what others have down you will want at least 30 Amps and 220v many people do this with a SPA panel from Home Depot just read any of the other threads the sky and your pocket book are the only limits good luck

ok, so as I look at the Kal build he went Herms,
Why Herms over Rims, Does rims raise the mash temperature faster?

ok, so as I look at the Kal build he went Herms,
Why Herms over Rims, Does rims raise the mash temperature faster?

+1 on checking out Kal's Electricbrewery dot com for everything you need to know about electric brewing. That's what I did, Check out my link below. Castermmt

Back