small batch for st. Patty's question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwhc22

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so today i just realised that since i started home brewing this year...i should make some green beer for st. patty's day. I don't want to make a full 5 gallon batch though.

i know its short notice since i will barely have 3 weeks to get it completed...

does anyone have a recipe that would work good for this... maybe a 1 gallon batch that i could make in a cider jug or something?

or can i just pick a 1 gallon recipe for a pilsner and add some green food coloring? or similar?

I was thinking of doing the same. I don't know if you'll have time to do a Pil. I personally was thinking of doing a Hefe because they age well in only 2 weeks or so. And since they are light and yellow, add some blue food coloring and make them green. Sounds good?

hhhhmmmmm.... good point. A heff would prolly work good too dunno if blue coloring would make it green though....maybe some blue and green color for good measure?

Any light beer with 1 (ONE) drop of green food coloring will work... Hefe's and Pilsners work...

You don't have much time to get it ready...

wild said:
That's what makes it green, right? :D

Wild

Good one...

We brewed 5 different things for st. patty's. And only 1 or 2 will be green :D . 1 will intentionally be dyed green too so i guess it's double green?

Latest posts

Back