What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The remainder of my bottle of Its A Trapp!

image-1289625635.jpg

DisturbdChemist's Pilsner

image-3954437335.jpg

I do get the off taste I this ... Unfortunately I can't finger what it is. Ido had to guess though, I'd say oxidation (although there is a slight bite to it.) Are you using a wing capper or are you using a bench capper? I just got a bench capper because I started thinking that was part of my undrcarbing - and I noticed this wasn't very carbed either which is why I ask.

DisturbdChemist said:
My new mash tun arrived. Finall going to go to a 3 tier system.

Nice, I have a feeling you'll enjoy it better than BIAB.

DisturbdChemist's Pilsner

I do get the off taste I this ... Unfortunately I can't finger what it is. Ido had to guess though, I'd say oxidation (although there is a slight bite to it.) Are you using a wing capper or are you using a bench capper? I just got a bench capper because I started thinking that was part of my undrcarbing - and I noticed this wasn't very carbed either which is why I ask.

I have a wing and I didnt really fill this one right. I think I rushed it and bottled from the keg not homemade beer gun. It might be oxidation and probably is. Its a lot hoppier/ bitter than the style. The others I used the gun.

Sorry for that. Hate to send bad beer

DisturbdChemist said:
Its a 10 gallon one. I got this one for $43 shipped. Not too expensive. Now need fittings and a false bottom
Yeah I bought my 10 gal from lowes, it was just over 50$ after taxes. My hardest part was finding 5/8 fender washers especially stainless steel ones. I went with flat washers and that worked just fine. I went with the SS braided hose method for now. I'll switch to a false bottom sooner or later.

I have a wing and I didnt really fill this one right. I think I rushed it and bottled from the keg not homemade beer gun. It might be oxidation and probably is. Its a lot hoppier/ bitter than the style. The others I used the gun.

Sorry for that. Hate to send bad beer

No worries - it's not bad, just a slight off taste. I do get the bitterness in there (which explains the bite.)

Channel66 said:
Right? Little brewing community, a bunch of us should get houses near each other and build a community brewery/bar, I'll supply the yeast, someone else grow the hops, a few for barley, think of the money we will save! There is over 1000 acres available for sale near my new house, we can put a gate at the end of the road, declare our independence from the USA. Someone make a beertopia flag.

How much beer do you think we would have to produce annually to sustain the top 20 posters of this thread?

I'll cook....

Drinking some Flipside Red while working on a Microsoft Access database for work. Anyone here have experience with Access? This thing is causing major headaches

Wanted a coffee stout tonight but only have three founders breakfast stout aging so grabbed an oatmeal stout and poured in some French pressed community coffee café special medium roast, made this ok swill amazing wish I had acouple more of them in the fridge

image-3972367855.jpg

Latest posts

Back