Who's smoking meat this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tri-tip locked and loaded

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401122300.054513.jpg

And the slow roasted rosemary garlic potatoes and my pork. I made cole slaw as well. So full.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401150663.922151.jpg

We had a few friends and family over for a meal and a visit. Got the old Weber fired up...

20140526_162403.jpg

Smoked some Italian sausages, Bush's beans, roasted the tomatoes for some fresh salsa, and threw on a few burgers (not shown). A nice salad and some musk melons rounded out the meal. Good eats, and good company.

Got my saison in the fermenter right before 6pm yesterday. Fired up the pit for chicken legs,thighs & Italian sausage. A whisky BBQ sauce for the chicken was spicy/fruity as well. Was pretty late some 3 hours later to get a pic though...

I'm using liquid smoke and a dehydrator. I don't get to play in this thread even if I'm making pounds of beef jerky :(

Did you get much smoke penetration (heh) through the skin?

well my father-in-law is a purist. He wouldnt let me add any smoke... just normal charcoal smoke. It was good, would have been better with hickory and apple wood though...

Smoking a pork shoulder and 3 racks of ribs tomorrow ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401510489.649993.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Getting my 14.5" WSM on Monday (only size I could get shipped here) and will be smoking the following weekend. What should I make?

Just put a pork butt on the WSM. It was kind of a last-minute decision to do this, so here's hoping 12 hours is enough time. I'll get 'er going at 275, which should do the trick.

Getting my 14.5" WSM on Monday (only size I could get shipped here) and will be smoking the following weekend. What should I make?

If you havent done any smoking before a pork butt is a great place to start. They are forgiving and delicious. I read up and then used the recipe off amazingribs for the first smoke.

I second the pork butt idea, or ribs if you don't want to wait that long haha

I also highly recommend (TO EVERYONE) this smoked gouda Mac n cheese recipe. I've made it twice and everyone has raved about it ever since. http://www.dadgumthatsgood.com/?p=1649

If you havent done any smoking before a pork butt is a great place to start. They are forgiving and delicious. I read up and then used the recipe off amazingribs for the first smoke.

I've smoke a lot of stuff; pork butt, ribs, brisket, etc. I was just looking for some fun ideas for the little guy. Maybe I'll try prime rib.

I just dumped some potatoes onto the pit. Can't wait to eat.

Alright Remmy...

What's the secret to crispy wings?? The skin on mine always comes off rubbery. Have to throw them under the broiler to finish them.

No secret, man. Smoke them at 325F+.

I do all of my poultry at the highest heat possible.

Just put three saint louis racks on the pellet smoker.....(while mashing a pale ale). Can't beat the weather and the anticipation of dinner!!!

IMG_20140601_115519064.jpg

IMG_20140601_102740680_HDR.jpg

Corned beef brisket seasoned and ready to be smoked.
Pastrami sandwiches on sour dough with smoked Gouda Mac and cheese later tonight. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401713757.371962.jpg

Back