Bottling priming question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
Hey folks tonight i bottled a Robust Porter and used a beer carbonation calculator to try and get the carbonation a little more accurate. We'll this being my first time not adding 5oz and my first time not racking the beer on top of the priming sugar/water. Tonight i had to rack my beer into my bucket first to find out how much beer i actually had and it ended up being right @ 4 gallons. I put in the figures the beer calculator requested and it suggested 2.67oz of Corn sugar. So after racking the beer i added the small amount of boiled water/ cane sugar to the top and stirred it gently into the beer. I have never used the Beer Carbonation Calculator before. Does this process sound like my beer will have trouble carbonating properly?

I don't see a problem there, I used 3.2oz of Corn Sugar for a 5 gal Molasses Porter, proportionally thats about the same as you did.

Just relax, you're already worried and nothing has gone wrong yet, lol.

It sounds like you were trying to get about 2 volumes. Maybe 2.5 being a 4 gallon batch. That looks about right for a porter.

Cool thanks guys hopefully it will turn out alright ! Happy brewing

Back