Differing AA from different bines?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cactusgarrett

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got to looking at my crop yesterday, and my Nugget got me thinking - as i've trained two bines from the same rhizome up separate lines, one seems to have done much better than the other. More and better looking cones on one bine versus the other. How likely is it that one bine's cones have significantly different AA% than the other? I know it's probably still within the Nugget variety's range, but maybe one could be on the low end, and the other 2% higher towards the high end? Thoughts?

I dunno man. they are both fed from the same root system. Chancves are the less healthy one is either shaded, pinched or otherwise in a bind, or has been eaten upon down low.

Unless of course you planted multiple rhisomes in a single hill, then it could be that one rhisome is healthier than the other and you assertions "may" be valid.

Just one rhizome in this hill (a first-year). One doesn't appearshealthier than the other, though. True, both have had their fair share of Japanese Beetle visitors, but in the spring when i trimmed all bines back to result in only two, one from the get-go was smaller than the other.

I'm just curious as to the potential differece, but i'm not sweating it, as i plan on mixing all the cones from the two bines come harvest time anyway.

Back