how long to wait?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbelay

Reaction score
After bottling are there any side effects to drinking up too early. I waited 14 days. I may or may not have had some nasty side effects.

No real side effects. The beer just may not be fully carbonated, and most brewers say that beer tastes better when it ages longer. Personally, I usually can't wait longer than 10 days before I start drinking my homebrew. But I do notice the beer tasting better every next time I try it. I say if it tastes good, drink it.:mug:

No nasty effects. I just drank a Texas Blond after 2.5 weeks and it was wonderful. The only bad thing is that the flavor has probably not fully developed.

I try to wait 2-4 weeks unless I have no beer on tap. I'll keg and tap one of the two 5 gallon cornys asap cause I am impatient. Definitely not as good but still tasty and dirt cheap when you are talking all grain (I am at .20-.35 per beer). I always choose premature, inexpensive homebrew. over $8-$10 microbrewed six packs. That's just me though.

Latest posts

Back