APO friendly suppliers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jermillion

Reaction score
Anyone know of any APO friendly suppliers on the east coast or in the Midwest that have shipping cost that are similar to regular addresses?

I can find plenty of good suppliers to get supplies from via my very slow non-APO address and that works great for most of my needs. But by the time liquid yeast arrives after a month of sitting somewhere hot it isn't worth much anymore. I'd like to find a supplier that will ship yeast APO and not charge twice the cost of a bottle/package of yeast.

did you try Australia.

Thanks cpl-american,

Unfortunately Homebrewing.org is like the other suppliers and only ship USPS, which is $8 more than other shipping methods.

Australia might work except I'm in Ghana. There aren't many direct flights so it would be long trip that way.

Since it cost about $19 for shipping, I think I will just have to begin washing my yeast. That way I will only need the costly shipping several times a year and can use the slower, cheaper shipping methods for my grains and hops.

Cheers

That is odd. I use APO AE as well and it was almost $18 for about 13 lbs. I'll play around with addresses and see if it was just a glitch when I tried it.

I order from Midwest. The problem with APO is that you're stuck with USPS, so your choices a with Priority which is pricey, or parcel post on the slow boat.

Midwest has been good about sometimes being able to consolidate my order into a smaller package and then refund me the difference in shipping. However, I haven't found anyone, home brew supplier or otherwise, that can ship cheaply to APO. It sucks.

I order from Midwest. The problem with APO is that you're stuck with USPS, so your choices a with Priority which is pricey, or parcel post on the slow boat.

Midwest has been good about sometimes being able to consolidate my order into a smaller package and then refund me the difference in shipping. However, I haven't found anyone, home brew supplier or otherwise, that can ship cheaply to APO. It sucks.

are you in lakenheath or milldenhall? i'm nearby, so if you want to do brew day, ive got one coming up. i order grain locally though.

I think I will just have to begin washing my yeast.
a16.jpg

thanks for the heads up on shipping to apo..

last time i was in europe i ordered directly from several EU suppliers and never thought about ordering stateside .. guess ill keep my favorite suppliers on the hook when i order hops and other speciality products that are crazy expensive in the EU, but nice and cheap in the USA.. (im headed to Italy in the fall)

Back