Movies seen twice in theater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diaperload

Reaction score
So The Avengers was so good that I saw it twice in the theater. Quite a few of my friends thought it was good enough to see it twice also. This got us talking about other movies that were good enough to see twice. Not at home on DVD/BluRay but to actually fork out the bucks to see it in the theater twice. The list is pretty small for me.

My twice seen movies in the theater:

Star Wars - over 10 times
Grease - twice
Jurrasic Park - twice
American Beauty - twice
The Avengers - twice

Can't think of any other movie I've seen twice in the theater. There are tons and tons of movies that I've watched at home 2-20 times but not many in the theater.

When Star Wars and Grease came out in the late 70's I was just a kid and it was somewhat common to see a movie multiple times in the theater. Also, movies played for much longer.

Anyone else have a list of movies seen twice in the theater?

The only two I can recall off hand are Independence Day (7 times) and Sweeney Todd (2). I pretty sure I saw Seven and The Matrix a few times also, but not positive.

I Saw The Dark Knight, twice in the same day ... Midnight showing, then later that night i saw it again at a small theater with like 60 seats.

I saw the Matrix and Independence Day twice in theaters.

Cant remember the name of it but it was a chick flick with sarah michelle gellar. I was 20 years old and my roommate showed up with 2 smoking hot chicks who both wanted to see the movie. he did that to me twice so I had to pay both times to see a movie I hated

Star Wars I think

I saw Top Secret twice because I went to see it once with my brother, and then a week or two later I went out on a date with a girl who wanted to see it.

I may have seen Lord of the Rings (first one) twice, but I was drunk one of those times so my memory is hazy.

Star Wars (3)
LOTR (2x each)
Tombstone (7, maybe more)
Cool Runnings (5... it was at $1 movie)
Glory (2)
This Is Spinal Tap (2)
The Wall (2)

There were surely others, but I can't bring them to mind...

Can't think of anything more recent than 2001, but my wife saw the Avengers twice this month. Second time with me at an IMAX 3D. Waste of $20 for that format IMO. The 3D looked like it was alternating between the back and front of a pane of glass. Next time it's 2D and popcorn.

I saw Top Secret twice because I went to see it once with my brother, and then a week or two later I went out on a date with a girl who wanted to see it.

"No one is allowed to see ze Torch!"

"I know a little German... He's sitting over there!"

Dr. Flammond - "...it was capable of removing the salt from over 10 million gallons of sea water a day. Do you realise what that could mean to the starving nations of the earth?"

Nick Rivers - "They'd have enough salt to last forever!"

"LATRINE!"

"Life is filled with it's little miseries. Each of us, in his own way must learn to deal with adversity in a mature and adult fashion."

"What is the condition of Sergeant Kruger? I see. Let me know if there is any change in his condition. (turning)

He is dead."

I think I caught that one a few times... :D

Oh yeah... I saw a couple of the Harry Potter movies more than once in the theater. The only one I specifically remember was Order of the Phoenix, probably because it was the first IMAX feature I had seen and it was a rare occasion when I went to movies alone.

Pretty sure I took 3 different girls to see The Godfather. That was a long time ago.
Still a favorite though.

What? Nobody saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show more than once? I saw it multiple times but was so wasted that I didn't remember it. Then it came out on DVD and I saw it sober and thought it sucked.

Gladiator is the only movie I've ever seen twice in a theater.

"Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."

Gets my blood flowing everytime I see it.

Pretty sure I took 3 different girls to see The Godfather. That was a long time ago.
Still a favorite though.

3 different girls to see Titanic...

and yes, WineChief - Rocky Horror - but I have no memory of how many times - like every friday night when it first came out in the 70's - we'll have to leave that at "multiple"

What? Nobody saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show more than once? I saw it multiple times but was so wasted that I didn't remember it. Then it came out on DVD and I saw it sober and thought it sucked.

I am not sure if that counts. That's more like going to see a play than an actual movie.

Pirates of the Caribbean 5x
Had a friend who worked at the theater though, so free tickets. But loved it every time.

the dark knight, the hangover...

a couple family movies that we've gone and seen and then SWMBO's parents wanted to see it too so we tagged along, nothing that was really "good" enough to see twice.

Wow- this reminds me that I haven't been to a movie in nearly 20 years! And the last time I went to a theater, it was a kid's movie. I might have seen "Dances With Wolves" as my last movie in the theater.

I don't think I've ever seen a movie twice, even as a kid.

Back