CO2 price

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cranny04

Reaction score
Hey all.. I did a search and didn't find anything that current..

What do you pay for your CO2?

I'm in a small town and have found $25 for 5lb

I called around and found the best price. It is far more expensive for me to fill a tank than swap one.
For a swapped 20# tank its $10 at my local hydroponics shop. $16 for a 20# at the local welder supply shop.

These threads are pretty much worthless because of the regional variation in CO2 prices. What you need to do is get feedback from fellow homebrewers in your immediate area.

IffyG said:
These threads are pretty much worthless because of the regional variation in CO2 prices. What you need to do is get feedback from fellow homebrewers in your immediate area.

True. They fill my 5# at my local weld shop all the time. I think their prices are set for bigger tanks, since they always laugh at me and usually give me the refill for free, or charge me 5 dollars at most.

North Georgia, in Dalton, fills for $1 a pound at a small joint. Bigger place Airgas nearby exchanges 10# for $12 and 20# for 18

I disagree. There's considerable consensus here, and enough data to produce a "range of plausibility." What the OP needs to do now is slip a $20 in his pocket and go fill a 5 pound bottle somewhere locally.

Latest posts

Back