SN Bigfoot 09 in Richmond, VA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eulipion2

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm looking for some 2009 Bigfoot Barley Wine (-Style Ale :rolleyes:) to add to my collection for a vertical tasting. Does anyone know if any of the beer retailers in the Richmond, Virginia area still have some on the shelves?

Thanks!

Thanks, Hooter. Would they be able to tell me if any of the stores still had the beer, or just if the store carries the beer when it's available?

I was just wondering if anyone had first-hand knowledge of whether anyone still had some for sale.

Would they be able to tell me if any of the stores still had the beer, or just if the store carries the beer when it's available?

They'd be able to tell you if their still distributing it and where. You could then call the stores on the distribution list and ask if they have any on the shelves. Let your fingers do the walking.

BTW, I don't blame you for wanting to find it. It's an amazing beer.

I think it's unlikely you'll find any out there. I live in Sierra Nevada Country, and haven't seen a drop of it months. I didn't even see any at my last trip to BevMo. But hopefully you'll get lucky and find a six pack or two...or ten. I saved a couple from my last six pack, we'll see how they compare to next years Bigfoot. Good Luck:mug:

I'm sure you've tried the regular suspects? Capital Ale House and Corks and Kegs? would be where I would start, either would be well equipped to help track something like that down even if they don't have it.

Actually, I just moved to the area and had no idea where to look. So now I've got Corks & Kegs, Capital Ale House, someone on another board recommended Once Upon A Vine. I went to Total Wines & More yesterday, but nothing.

Thanks! And if you see any in your travels let me know.

Actually, I just moved to the area and had no idea where to look. So now I've got Corks & Kegs, Capital Ale House, someone on another board recommended Once Upon A Vine. I went to Total Wines & More yesterday, but nothing.

Thanks! And if you see any in your travels let me know.

Oh you've got to check out Capital Ale house: just a peak at their beer list: Ale & Lager Menu

Great food and great beer. If you buy bottles to take with you they sell at a discount as well. Check it out and welcome to Richmond. Where abouts are you?

Found it at Once Upon A Vine South!

json2001, I'm at Plant Zero on Hull St., about a half mile from Legend, and thinking about dropping in on the James River Homebrewers at one of their meetings. Are you a member?

Found it at Once Upon A Vine South!

json2001, I'm at Plant Zero on Hull St., about a half mile from Legend, and thinking about dropping in on the James River Homebrewers at one of their meetings. Are you a member?

Glad you found it! I asked a buddy and he said last time he was at Cap Ale Bigfoot was on tap.

Great spot your in. You know I keep meaning to go by the JR homebrewers, was thinking about going this Tuesday. My schedule has been pretty busy for a while now, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to make it sometime. I'm on the other side of the river down Monument a ways myself. Shoot me a PM if you're planning on going to a meeting.

I am not json2001, but I am a member of the JRHB club. Do drop in. If you are that close, there is no excuse not to.

Welcome to Richmond!

Still widely available in southeastern Ohio! I'm waiting for retailers to get desperate and drop the price from $10 to $8 or something. Barleywine has no best by date!

I am not json2001, but I am a member of the JRHB club. Do drop in. If you are that close, there is no excuse not to.

Welcome to Richmond!

Thanks for the invite. I'm not sure I'll make it this month (still getting settled), but I'm going to try to come next month, and I definitely want to judge the Dominion Cup. I've already emailed the comp coordinator, so I'm on my way.

Back