Introductions for brewers brewing 30 gallons and UP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold_Steel

Reaction score
I just wanted to meet all the guys out there who are doing big brews. Dont be geeked if I add you to my buddy list though.

This thread should be considered more of a contact list.

I brewed a 40 gallon batch a couple of weeks ago. Just a tester...pure extract. We'll be doing a partial mash (if not a small AG brew) soon. Max capacity is about 60 gallons currently, I think.

On May 2 I brewed over 600 gallons. :rockin: But that was AHA Big Brew Day and it wasn't just me it was our brew club and we used a commercial brewery to do it.

PS - Don't geek me, PLEASE!!! :ban:

damn... do you have a fermenter for that large a batch or a buttload of carboys?

I want to do 10 gallon or 20 gallon batches one day but confronting the fermentation issue has me rethinking. I'd need a nice conical for fermentation....

hmmmmm

I brewed a 40 gallon batch a couple of weeks ago. Just a tester...pure extract. We'll be doing a partial mash (if not a small AG brew) soon. Max capacity is about 60 gallons currently, I think.

Actually that is my plan too. Partial mash the first round. I thought I could save some money on the other vessels. Once I get more money then buy the other two or one. I have a 55 gallon plastic Mash tun but I am still not sure I want to use it. One for looks and two I want to be able to direct fire it. However, I am still not sure I NEED to direct fire it.

On May 2 I brewed over 600 gallons. :rockin: But that was AHA Big Brew Day and it wasn't just me it was our brew club and we used a commercial brewery to do it.

PS - Don't geek me, PLEASE!!! :ban:

THATS Awesome. I bet the experience was just beyond great.

I brew 30-35 gallon batches. My BK is a 55 gallon SS drum. My MT is a 55 gallon HDPE (blue plastic) barrel. HLT is a keggle. All electric system. Two 4500 watt elements in both the BK and HLT.l

i'm in the 1 bbl club using a 55 blichmann. I'm in the process of assembling it now. Anyone using BRUTE trash bins (44 gal!) as fermenters? Here they're only $42 at HD. Article in BYO a few months back.

Latest posts

Back