Today's Train Sighting Winner!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Today's winner of the oddest person on the train is a young man, wearing a camo jacket and hoodie, with green nail polish, and who is busy knitting.

Aw, man. Just nonchalantly take out your phone and act like you're texting. Hold it up, hit a bunch of buttons, laugh, say, "Aw, how cute" or some such nonsense. Then click the pic. Oh, just make sure it's not set to make the "click" noise first.

Oh, just make sure it's not set to make the "click" noise first.

Yup, made that mistake once. Didn't realize that on my new blackberry that having the phone on silent it still made the sound. It was really difficult trying to explain to my wife and her friends that that is just the sound its makes when I get an alert from ESPN.

That's awesome! I mean, usually you're the weirdo on the train so it must feel great to spot someone who is the new weirdo in the vicinity! :D

Can you ask him if he has any good patterns for child mittens? I like the pattern with the small thumb that doesn't use a round needle. Thanks!

Well at least he has a hobby other than cutting heads off of dolls or saying "thats so lame...."

My issue is why the hell was he wearing a camo jacket... Don't we all now that a camo jacket and green nail polish you can only wear before arbor day.....

Next time take a picture.. no picture I expect at least a hand made drawing on scale with a court room artist...

Mobile phone camera without flash FTW. He'll never know you're taking a picture of him. I expect updates.

OMG- that's hysterically funny. I can almost see Pappers, full of subterfuge, taking pictures of odd people on the train. We'll get great pictures, and can make all kinds of nasty comments.

Until they realize what's going on and kill him.

I'm going to start doing this anyway. I think I'll ride BART more just so I can get more pictures. You all can expect updates upon my return from the next visit to the city.

LMAO. Now, what exactly were you taking a picture of? I have to know.

I was complaining that I was home and sober with my wife and her two friends that were drunk. Someone made the comment that I should be happy and might get lucky. I said not with those two friends I don't even want to think about that. Then they said they needed pictures to either agree or not with me. What else was I to do? :D They did agree with me in the end.

Back