Great inaugural brew day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nghtmre4u

Reaction score
I did my first all grain with my Coleman extreme mlt and some other new equipment instead of stove top method.
After reading countless threads here i started today with a good attitude and prepared for the task at hand to brew a batch using my new toys(mlt,digital thermometer,and my newly constructed i/c.)
I hit my temps right on.I hit my preboil volume right on.And after a 90 min boil I brought the wort from boiling too 68 degrees in 13 minutes.
Did a og reading and hit 1.040.
Final volume a tad short at 5.25gal was shooting for 5.50gal
It was biermunchers cream of 3 crops recipe.
So now I am gonna celebrate :ban::mug::tank: and have a homebrew

And people have lots of bad things to say about Obama. Look what he has inspired in this man! He has upgraded his techniques and taken a step forward!

Seriously though, congrats on your first AG!

:tank:

I concur! Congrats on your truly inaugural AG! hehe. I wish I could have done the same. I'm brewing this weekend though, so maybe I'll just call it "close enough."
hmmm...strange...I'm brewing a bitter...perhaps subconsciously to commemorate my feelings about the last 8 years...

My neighbor and I celebrated on Monday by brewing our first 2 AG batches, an oatmeal stout and Ed's Haus Pale Ale! Hit the OG on the pale ale, but was a little high on the stout. It was cold and windy, but a blast.

My neighbor and I celebrated on Monday by brewing our first 2 AG batches, an oatmeal stout and Ed's Haus Pale Ale! Hit the OG on the pale ale, but was a little high on the stout. It was cold and windy, but a blast.

Nothing wrong with that high OG. It'll be better if it attenuates down to the FG you were hoping for! :rockin:

:tank:

Back