Apricot Wheat FG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewawan

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should rack to bottles. My SG was 1.045 (on target), but I don't know where my FG should be. TastyBrew.com says 1.01 but I've been stuck on 1.08 for more than 5 days.

You are probably at 1.008 considering you started 1.04? This means that you are below the predicted target of 1.01.

Regardless, if it has been there for five days you should be fine to rack to secondary or bottle.

yeah, please re-check the numbers you posted, because if your OG was 1.045 there's no way your current gravity is 1.08...which is 1.080...higher than the OG.

if indeed its 1.008, then you are done in primary.

Sorry about that!! Yes, you're correct. My FG is 1.008 of a predicted 1.001. Anyway I'm bottling after two unsuccessful tries at getting the correct FG.

Slipped a zero again. The target was probably 1.010 (as you first stated), you are at 1.008. The target attenuation would have been 78%, you have 82%. So, you got a slightly more complete fermentation than the recipe.

Back