What's on tap for the Super Bowl?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guntr

Reaction score
Myself, I have a Stout and Lager that will be just about perfect for game day.

Besides the beer I'll be making about 5 gallons of my famous Chili (keg the chili??? hmmm...) and everyone will be bringing a food item, nachos, Chicken wings, Pogos, etc.

Planning to have about ten guys over to watch the game on my 56"/1080p TV.

I only have couch seating for about seven so I've built an 8' "bar-table" and bar stools for four or five guys to sit behind the back couch to watch/eat. Money's tight so I built them quick and dirty out of construction 2x4's for less than $30 total. I'll put some pics on my blog once they're in the house.

Would love to hear what everyone is planning. Could also use some ideas and suggestions?

whatever's left in the keg of my AHS Greenbelt Pale Ale (I've downed most of it myself).
A nearly full keg of Deception Cream Stout (kind of filling for football beer...).
A a recently picked up growler of Fredericksburg Brewery Amber Ale.
Whatever anyone else brings.
BBQ crock pot meatballs and Rotel Tomato Queso

OT - but the Super Bowl should really be on a Saturday. I mean, really.

Damn straight! WTF are they thinking? SB Saturday could be bigger than NYE if they did that!

I'm hoping my IPA doesn't kick by then, but I have to bottle some up for people and I think it's getting low. I also have a brown ale that's a bit too hoppy, but could work. And by then I think my Wit might be ready to keg and carb. Bit too soon for my O-fest. I also have a bourbon stout that is too light on the bourbon, but nothing really FOR the SB. I will probably buy a couple of special beers for that day.

My superbowl blonde ale will be ready by then...

A nice Dark Porter for the Steelers.

A Hoppy Golden Pale Ale for the Packers.

Besides the beer I'll be making about 5 gallons of my famous Chili (keg the chili??? hmmm...) and everyone will be bringing a food item, nachos, Chicken wings, Pogos, etc.

It would be a full-on mess to clean up, but I bet you could keg the nacho cheese. The kind that remains liquid even at room temp. There are few things suggested here that no one has tried. This might be one of them.

As for me, I'll be drinking my IPA and switching to the low-ABV cider at halftime.

whatever's left in the keg of my AHS Greenbelt Pale Ale (I've downed most of it myself).

I've thought about getting this one. I assume, since you drank most of it yourself, that it's damn good? What's the taste profile like?

I've thought about getting this one. I assume, since you drank most of it yourself, that it's damn good? What's the taste profile like?

I like it a lot, its a heavy Pale Ale, more like an light IPA. The aroma is really great, very hoppy, really doesn't have too bitter of an aftertaste so it goes down smooth. It gets better as it warms up a bit. I'd pull the trigger on it while its on sale, the only addition I would get is something to clarify it, it was pretty cloudy (which I personally don't really care all that much about).

Pale Ale, Stone IPA Clone, and a Stout.
Clam Chowder, Cheesy Potatoes, & Paninis.
And a bunch of stuff wrapped in BACON!

Arg! My first batch won't be done by then.. Double Dog and a pallet cleanser of sorts will have to suffice.. Bacon wrapped little smokies baked in brown sugar, cajun wings, and of course Buffalo Dip. 2 foot sub? Okay, fine..

Vienna/NB SMaSH and a Red Ale. I have a Stout for backup just in case. A growler of commercial Belgian Golden in the fridge too. Nothing else is carbed currently. My black IPA is pretty strong so I figured it wouldn't be a good idea to bring that one out or no-one will see the game.
For food, I'm planning mini pigs in blankets, pizzas, buffalo wings, jelapeno poppers, buffalo chicken dip, other little snacks. My first time hosting since college. Looking forward to it!

Pilsner Urquell clone, Anchor Steam clone, Altbier, House Pale Ale, ESB.

All the taps are full..... and waiting.

I have a Bohemian Pilsener on tap but I don't know if it will make it. I've got another 30 gallons in various stages of fermenting and conditioning but nothing I'm going to tap for gameday (I guess I have an Oatmeal Stout that might be ready). So, I'll be doing some beer shopping between now and then.

No kegging equipment so everything is in bottles. Raspberry / blackberry infused Edworts Pale Ale, Deception stout, Apfelwein, Pine, Gumballhead, DFH90, Hopslam, Miller Lite. I was going to to a Hefenweisen but haven't found the time.

We have a few people over. Usually chili (my wife can throw down), black bean Rotel dip, chips, my wife always makes a cookie sheet of nachos that will blow your socks off. Our guest usually bring some really decent stuff too.

I enjoy hanging out with everyone more than anything.

I planned on making a dent in my kegged pale ale, but then a work opportunity popped up. I figured I was better off working so I can afford more hops.

Oh, I agree completely!

Last year the party was at my house, so there was a kolsch and a nut brown on tap. This year the party is at a friend's house. I keg everything, and don't feel like digging out the beer gun or lugging the whole kegerator to their house, so I am taking a twelve pack of Schlitz. Yeah, I said Schlitz. So sue me. :p

I drank through everything that was in kegs, and my winter warmer and Coffee stout are both in 2ndary right now, so it looks like commercial beer for me.

Right now I have a case of Sam Adams variety pack, Saranac Pale Ale, Killians, and Heineken Light in bottles for the guests.
As for the food spread:
home made BBQ Pulled Pork (the BEST!)
Pigs in a blanket and BBQ Pigs
Wings
salsa and chips
crackers and cheese

Just having a few guests over to watch the game on our Samsung 58" Plasma 1080P (birthday/house warming gift from my wife) , on the brand new leather sectional (wedding gift)

This is my plan to bring to a buddies, he will have a good lineup as well.

Hopslam (minikeg)
Russian River Supplication (750ml)
Founders (KBS, Backwoods Bastard, Devil Dancer, Breakfast Stout, Double Trouble, Harvest Ale)
Southern Tier Choklat, Mokah, Imperial oatmeal (all 22's)
Homebrew (black IPA, Cherry wheat 1/6th barrel, Rye IPA, Imperial stout, Russian imperial Stout).

Should be a good time.

EDIT: I am thinking about bringing a Bells batch 9000 and a 3 year old Bells expedition stout.

Strawberry blonde and a cream ale for the bmc drinkers and a hop bomb pale ale for the bold drinkers.

An amber and brown porter of my stuff, also picked up some Arrogant Bastard, Ninkasi Tricerahops, Ninkasi Double Believer Red, Full Sail Old Boardhead Barleywine, Full Sail Session Black, and a couple bottles of wine.

On tap - my house IPA
hopslam (mini keg)
rogue yellow snow IPA (mini keg)
and some nice wines for the non-beer drinking guests.

The spread - my wifes world famous chili - to die for.
my aunts homemade pizzas - being cooked here
homemade wings - Bourbon buffalo and Teriaki
my homemade dried Italian sausage (some of this will be cooked in with a pizza) served with chunks of sharp provolone and sharp cheddar
chips, dips, and some canoli's (sp?) for desert.
Having about 10-12 guests over which is just about the capacity for the man cave/bar. watching in hd surround on a 50" plasma :rockin:
man I wish the game was at least earlier in the day

I'll be working, so no drinky for me. Busiest day of the year in pizza. :cross::rockin:

I just finished building my keezer today so I don't have any of my home brews chilled/carbed yet. Think I'll have to get my growler filled with one of my latest favorites; Victory Yakima Glory.

I got a cali common and lavender pale ale on tap, and I'll be kegging my red ipa this morning

Back