Can I use Beer Equipment.......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewagentjay

Reaction score
I'm newbie but I have been brewing some beer and once I get that pipeline rolling as well as my apfelwein pipeline at least 3 gallons deep. I want to attempt a nice wine kit.

So do I need to get new equipment? The Island mist kits call for at least 6 gallons of liquid in the primary. So i have two 6.5 bucket fermenters. Just curious if I need to get a primary that is just for wine? Thanks.:rockin:

You will be fine using buckets, I use my beer buckets to make wine all the time. I have a couple 6 gallon better bottles now for secondary but my first wine I used only buckets and it turned out fine. The Island Mist kits are made to be fast so you don't really age very long before bottling.

i wouldn't mix beer plastics with wine plastics, unless you like hoppy wine, and grapey beer.

plastic holds aromas and colors.

I'm guessing I'll need to get something to use just for my wine. I'd also hate to tie up my beer stuff.

Back