Do beer brewers brew wine too?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerFun

Reaction score
I do. A 7-10 day wine is great when you are lacking money and need some intoxication fast.

Ps. I'm in Norway who has the one of the highest alcohol taxes in the world.

Ironically, I'm a winemaker who switched to making more beer because beer is so much faster than wine.

Faster? You brew the wine for 10 days, then kill the yeast, and add gelantin. It's ready to drink. Can't think that beer is faster. :)

Faster? You brew the wine for 10 days, then kill the yeast, and add gelantin. It's ready to drink. Can't think that beer is faster. :)

I can make a good beer from grain to glass in 10 days. A British mild, for example. Most of my wines take about 2 years to be really good. Most of my beers are at their best about 6 weeks from brewday.

Wine is nice, it doesn't take two weeks of carbohydration before you can drink it. One day for killing the yeast, and one day for clearing it. :)

I look forward to drink the Muntons Christmas Brew Im starting tomorrow though. It should be ready for xmas. :)

You both are teaching this one. :eek:

I brewed beer for first three years (two weeks three days each batch). Later I wanted be able to say that I did wine, so I bought a few kits and the shortest time so far (as far as the kits say) is about two months for one that I did, mostly it is close to 6 months.

The wine was no brewing to it, just mix it up and dump some yeast. I have only done kits for wine, that may be the reason.

I have 5 gal of pino noir I started two weeks ago that I have to get off the lees.

Wine is so easy compared to beer! But I hate the wait!!

i dont do wine , but i do alot of mead. i always have a batch of Joes Ancient Orange ( or clemintine for this last one) going. it only takes a month or two to complete.

I do beer and wine. I enjoy wine and like making different things. Plus, it keeps the wife happy. ;-)

I have made wine for several years but just started brewing beer this past Spring. Most of my wines take a minimum of 6 months. I enjoy brewing beer more because it takes more time initially and is ready sooner. Besides I love :D beer!

I make berry wines such as blueberry, cloud berry ( locally called bakeapple ), and black currant from scratch. My wines usually take 3 to 4 months before I bottle them and then they are aged at least a year before I start to give them away. I don't drink much wine, but beer is another story.

Latest posts

Back