Got a name, need a logo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mangine77

Reaction score
Thanks for everyone's suggestions coming up with a name. I'm going to go with Albatross Brewing Company (ABC). I figure with an Albatross being a bird and a plane, I can do some cool labels but I really want one standard logo to put on stuff.

Is anyone out there willing to help me design a "permanent" logo for my brewery? I would be willing to send some homebrews in exchange for a logo that I really like. I'm just not good with Gimp or any of the programs discussed on here. I'm ok at doing labels but when it comes to making a logo you want to use permanently, I'm not very confident.

I would like my logo to obviously incorporate the bird, but I was also thinking of trying to work barley and hops into the logo also.

Anyone out there kind enough to give this a shot?? I promise I'll send you some brews if you come up with something I end up using.

I'm a dork, so I would probably end up putting this logo everywhere and that's why I want to come up with something sweet.:D

Any takers??

I may give it a go. I love working on stuff like this. Let me know some colors you would like to incorporate, general feel of it (old, retro, modern, etc), and specifics you would like to see. The more info the better.

With you throwing a little incentive in there I can see this turning into a fun little competition....... Which always makes things a bit more interesting.....:D

Very cool. Well the Albatross bird has various colored species. I want the logo to incorporate the White Albatross, so there will definitely be some white in there. I'm obviously envisioning gold or grain color for the barley and green for the hops, but they don't have to be all different colors.

The question about it looking old school, retro, or modern is a good one. I'm not sure. I could see it looking cool with any of them. Probably leaning more towards modern though.

I know I'm not being a lot of help here but I'm trying to picture it. It's the bird part that I'm having trouble with. I think I want the bird to be drawn and not a real picture of an albatross, but I don't want the label to be real cartoon or silly like. Does that make sense??

Makes a lot of sense to me. I got something in my head just not sure how it will look. I'll start messing around with it tonight when I get home to see what I can come up with. I found a bunch of images of the bird (to be honest I didn't really know what they actually looked like...lol) online and will do some more searching around on my lunch break.

It may take me a bit to get it thrown together and finished up. I am by no means the fastest guy on here.....lol

If you think of something be sure to let me know. After all.... it's going to be your logo....

Makes a lot of sense to me. I got something in my head just not sure how it will look. I'll start messing around with it tonight when I get home to see what I can come up with. I found a bunch of images of the bird (to be honest I didn't really know what they actually looked like...lol) online and will do some more searching around on my lunch break.

It may take me a bit to get it thrown together and finished up. I am by no means the fastest guy on here.....lol

If you think of something be sure to let me know. After all.... it's going to be your logo....

Sweet man. Take your time. I appreciate you taking the time to try and help me.

not to shabby but just an idea for you
albatros.jpg

Just sat down and played with the idea for a bit. I know this isn't really what you want, but wanted to get something up so we can start shaping things into what you have in mind.

If I am way off the mark don't be afraid to let me know.....:D

Albatross_Attempt_1.jpg

I was home with a sick young-en today so I played around with it a tad more. There is so much about this one I don't like (top ribbon, rope outline, background color of shield, etc...) but figure I have spent over 5 hours of my life creating this thing I might as well put it up...... Very disappointed thus far... Grrr!

Albatross_Attempt_5.jpg

Back